Answered

Can the Spotify list of albums be sorted differently?

• 25 September 2018
  • 10 replies

Badge
I am no longer able to view my saved Spotify albums in alphabetical order by artist. It appears that the list is sorted by most recently added album. Is there a way to revert back to the alphabetical list?
icon

Best answer by controlav 27 September 2018, 14:52

As has been covered in several other threads, this change was made by Spotify. Suggest asking them to change it back. Sonos has never sorted anything except Library content, for good reasons.
View original

10 replies

OK, I guess I'll contact Spotify. I'll let you know what they say.
Wondering if you ever heard back from Spotify...
Badge +1
Right now, with Spotify android app and sonos, the order of the albums is by artist.

A collection of digital physical music has the advantage, among other things, of being able to order it with a mouse click and quickly find what you are looking for.
Then, why not a selector in the upper area of the app and who could choose to sort them by artist, latest additions, album, year.. and also add sort by tags
Userlevel 1
MTG, any luck contacting Spotify???
Userlevel 1
I am having the same exact problem. SOOOOOOO frustrating. I am also with the poster above in that it should be SONOS’s responsibility to contact and work with Spotify on resolving this issue for its clients. I’ve been a Sonos user for over 10 years now with 10 speakers + multiple Soundbars and subs in my home. I use Spotify everyday in my vehicle and in my office and when I pull it up on my iPhone and/or my PC, all is right in the world with songs, artists and albums. Then when I use Spotify through the Sonos app, the chronological order of ALBUMS is whacked. Perhaps I should just go back to using the Spotify app direct with my Sonos speakers and skip the Sonos app interface altogether???? But SONOS would not want that now would they? PLEASE HELP US OUT SONOS. How does an also-ran guy like me make enough noise with Spotify to make a difference anyway????
I would have thought Sonos might be able to offer the suggestion to Spotify to put it back to how it was as its rubbish, and just makes the Sonos controller look crap
OK, I guess I'll contact Spotify. I'll let you know what they say.
How can this be a Spotify issue?

Because the interface with the Sonos app is developed by the service, not Sonos. Sonos merely provides the API.
@controlav you no doubt have more knowledge than I do. However, when I use both Spotify desktop and the android app, the albums are listed by artist as they always have been. It used to be the same in Spotify via Sonos desktop and android app. But now they appear in order of recently added (?) and there's no way of changing the order. It's so frustrating, I use Sonos every day to play albums and have no way of finding anything quickly. Just to reiterate, Spotify itself is absolutely fine. How can this be a Spotify issue?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
As has been covered in several other threads, this change was made by Spotify. Suggest asking them to change it back. Sonos has never sorted anything except Library content, for good reasons.
Same here. Looks like this is caused by the latest update of the Sonos controller. I haven't found a way you can sort alphabetically.