Can’t see my Audible Audiobook in the Sonos App

• 6 October 2019
  • 37 replies

Badge
In the last couple of days I have not been able to see my audible audiobooks in the Sonos App (and in the Sonos controller on a mac), when I go to the audible section in the app (I use Audible.co.uk) I just get the message “Could not browse Music” instead of the normal list of audiobooks.

Now I tried re-adding the service, that did not solved the problem, I tried to re-authorising my account that did not solve it either.

I can see the audiobooks I have added to MYSONOS (the books I listening to right now) and they also show up in the recently played list but I cannot see my entire library in the audible section of the app.

Now I do have a lot of audiobooks in my audible library 400+ but I have never been able to use the search function in the Sonos app to find my books (it always just say “an error has occurred try again”) so without the list I am rather unable to find and listen to my audiobooks on my Sonos speakers (Now I do know I can play them through the Audible app via Airplay 2 but that not the point). Do anyone know a way to fix this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

37 replies

Badge +1

We also have this issue… any sign of a resolution?

Badge +1

I had the same issue when using the search function (books or authors) within the Sonos app. There is a back-door method using the app though that works for me: 

1. Assuming the Audible account is registered with Sonos using the methods described above it will appear in the list of services of the Sonos App when “Browse” is selected.
  2. Select “Audible” and the screen should then show a number of different Audible regions.  Select the one relevant to your Audible account (in my case it was Audible.co.uk).
  3. When selected all of your audiobooks should appear and be selectable to be played wherever you require.

I hope this works for you as well.

Seeing this exact behaviour again with my Audible library .  Cannot read any books from it, cannot even see them!  Have removed and replaced the Sonos service, reauthorised it, but cannot read my Audible books.  Same result on IPAD or IPhone.  Have stopped and restarted router - no impact at all

Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of trying to access Audible, and contacted Sonos Support to discuss it?

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

UPDATE:  I contacted Audible with this issue, they refreshed my entire library from their end and now all is well.  Books are starting to appear in the Sonos app rapidly.

I also have 600+ books but I can only see the last 6 months to a year showing in Sonos app.  My WiFi is 400 mbs so that is not the issue.  I can go to Audible and see them all, some dating back to 2008.  Did Audible change a format or is this issue a Sonos app problem?

This is still happening to me any ideas on a fix

Userlevel 1
Badge

Call Audible support, they will refresh your library and you should start seeing your books.  As I had so many books it took overnight to see them, all but I do not have any issue now.  Good Luck!

Maybe you don’t find the correct method to play Audible on Sonos. You need to connect your Audible app to Sonos, then you can listen to Audible on Sonos. Or you would find that you cannot access Audible audiobooks on Sonos.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I use Sonos everyday so I am connecting correctly.  This issue was resolved by contacting Audible for a refresh of my library on their side..

I have this problem too - many of the new audible books are not showing up in Sonos.   One work around that works most of the time is to start the book in the native Audible app, and then, while it is playing “Connect to a Device” and select your sonos speaker or group.   You can then go back and see and control it as the current book in Audible on Sonos - still doesn’t show up in the library, but you are able to listen and control the book until you select another book.  

Also learned that titles in the member library or “Audible Plus” will never show up in sonos playlist, only purchased titles.  You can use the same work around from above to play these on sonos even though they won’t show in your library.

Goto “Settings/Services” in the Sonos App and select Audible and choose the option to 'reauthorise' the account. Just follow the onscreen instructions, login to Amazon and accept the sharing agreement etc.

When I try to log in on Amazon for my audible account, it defaultsto amazon.com and I am a UK user. How can I use the UK Amazon please

I'm seeing the same issue, it just takes me to the US website and not the UK. Any ideas please.