Can’t see my Audible Audiobook in the Sonos App

• 6 October 2019
  • 37 replies

Badge
In the last couple of days I have not been able to see my audible audiobooks in the Sonos App (and in the Sonos controller on a mac), when I go to the audible section in the app (I use Audible.co.uk) I just get the message “Could not browse Music” instead of the normal list of audiobooks.

Now I tried re-adding the service, that did not solved the problem, I tried to re-authorising my account that did not solve it either.

I can see the audiobooks I have added to MYSONOS (the books I listening to right now) and they also show up in the recently played list but I cannot see my entire library in the audible section of the app.

Now I do have a lot of audiobooks in my audible library 400+ but I have never been able to use the search function in the Sonos app to find my books (it always just say “an error has occurred try again”) so without the list I am rather unable to find and listen to my audiobooks on my Sonos speakers (Now I do know I can play them through the Audible app via Airplay 2 but that not the point). Do anyone know a way to fix this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

37 replies

Exactly the same problem for me.
Goto “Settings/Services” in the Sonos App and select Audible and choose the option to 'reauthorise' the account. Just follow the onscreen instructions, login to Amazon and accept the sharing agreement etc.
As of 6th Oct my SONOS system reports it is 'unable to browse music' when accessing audible. Everything else is fine. Anyone else with this problem or an answer?
Userlevel 7
Hi Mike

The service appears to be operational as of 9:30AM CST. If you think it's a Sonos issue I suggest you submit a diagnostic, post the reference ID in this forum and contact Sonos tech support either by phone, Twitter or Facebook.

Good luck!
Same problem, reauthorising makes no difference still can't browse my books.
Badge
This is happening to me
Any chance one of you three might submit a system diagnostic, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it?

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Same issue here
same problem for me needless to say Sonos trying to blame my wi-fi network but I've tried everything including deleting and adding/re-authorising audible with no joy
same problem for me needless to say Sonos trying to blame my wi-fi network but I've tried everything including deleting and adding/re-authorising audible with no joy
I don’t have many Amazon Audible audiobooks, but the service, via Sonos, is definitely working here for me in the U.K. Tested a few seconds ago (see iPad screenshot attached). So it's either a local issue, or maybe an account settings issue, perhaps?

The Sonos Status Page is also showing no issues with the Audible service at the present time.

Hope that assists you to investigate further.
thanks, strange one as I'm obviously not the only one having this problem but it is definitely working fine for some people
thanks, strange one as I'm obviously not the only one having this problem but it is definitely working fine for some people
I’m with VirginMedia .. just wondering if you have a different ISP, perhaps it’s a DNS issue?... can you get to Audible via its native App?

Have you tried going through the reauthorisation process?

Check the sharing agreement with Audible in your Amazon Account... you should find it here, under one of the 'Sonos' icon entries...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ap/adam?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=ya_mb_login_with_amazon
hi thanks have tried re-authorising the account and audible app working fine. I'm with Sky broadband
Ooh first time post for me.. exciting.
So... this is happening for me also; started on the 6th. Re-authorised audible (no joy) and uninstalled / reinstalled the service (also no joy). The issue only seems to be with the audible.co.uk (not .com, .de etc.) sites.

Called Sonos today and they are aware of the issue, but don't know why it's occuring as yet. The workaround is to use the audible app and click 'devices', then select your Sonos system (or airplay if you have sonos one's).

Whilst I'm no technical whizz, I would think that if it were a internet provider issue, then the same problem would occur with the audible app, and access of the audible library via a web browser, all of which work fine.

So in short, there is an issue, they know and are working on it, use one of the work arounds (above) for now and have a lovely day.
Maybe try removing the sharing agreement, as mentioned above and try setting it up again in the Amazon Account.
Thanks for the suggestion Ken, but that's didn't fix it (at least not for me).
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, we're looking into this issue where some Audible accounts are unable to browse or find Audible books in the Sonos software. You may still be able to play to Sonos using AirPlay or Alexa, as the issue is just in browsing the books on Sonos. We'll let you know when there's news on this one.
hi Ryan thanks for acknowledging the issue
Maybe Sonos could in future update it's customers on social media when problems such as this occur
I Have 800 plus audible books via Audible.CA, and I am able to access all with no more than usual difficulty. As reported many times in the past, a search of the books by title or author sometimes works, sometimes does not - it has always been unpredictable, and, since the books also cannot be sorted, it makes selection a pain.
Yes, I have submitted diagnostic info, no I do not any help fixing it, I just provide the information as a part of this message thread.
Hi, I can see my audible books but I can't reproduce any of them. Hope it gets resolved soon. thank you!
Still not working and can't use audible connect either.
removed account and reauthorized it.
Now heres what could be the issue. the reauthorization page is a .com page mu account's .co.uk. if i go to the audible.com to browse i get "no books found" but if i go to .co.uk I get "Unable to browse".
Also if I try to connect the audible android app just goes nuts sending me back to the beginning of the book and comes up with can't connect. The windows controller also throws "Unable to play - associated account not found". So how do you force a reauthorization of the .co.uk account.
Hi guys, when clicking on "Connect to a Device" from within the Audible app, and selecting my Sonos speaker, I get the error, "We encountered an issue while connecting to Sonos. Please try again."

Also, when accessing Audible from the Sonos desktop app, the only option that comes up is the one free book I got when installing the app.

Now, I AM NOT a paid member of Audible, the books I have were downloaded to my device when my friend, who IS a paid member, logged in on my device and downloaded her books, so I kind of understand why they don't show up in the Sonos app, because they're on my device only, not in the cloud.

But is the error in connecting to Sonos an issue also associated with my non-Paid Audible membership? I don't see anything online stating that you must be a paid Audible member to connect to Sonos.
.co.uk library back

I have the same issue. Sgu is this not resolved?