Question

Can't play some Sonos Radio

• 14 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Cannot access a lot of sonos radio or tunein radio stations anymore, finds them OK but just silence when I select them.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @Sonosishopeless.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

Let me help and try to figure this out, I just need to ask a few more details to isolate and identify what’s causing this problem.

• Kindly verify which stations you cannot access?
  • Have you tried to search or browse for a station that you listened to previously?
  • Can you access these stations on the native app? 
  • Try to find the respective station within the TuneIn App using a device connected to the same network as Sonos.
  • Please observe if the station is no longer available or if it will still fail to play with no error.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

Hi

Seems to be a system wide issue, I'm not alone in this.  Appears to be a license issue with tunein and I'm sure you are aware. 

Thanks for your reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Sonosishopeless.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

Let me help and try to figure this out, I just need to ask a few more details to isolate and identify what’s causing this problem.

• Kindly verify which stations you cannot access?
  • Have you tried to search or browse for a station that you listened to previously?
  • Can you access these stations on the native app? 
  • Try to find the respective station within the TuneIn App using a device connected to the same network as Sonos.
  • Please observe if the station is no longer available or if it will still fail to play with no error.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

SONOS SUPPORT

Please realise that due to legal Action many TuneIn foreign country stations are no longer available in the UK.  There is a large thread about this.

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/tunein-blocking-foreign-radio-stations-in-the-uk-master-thread-6848128

It would be very useful if Sonos Support were to make an official announcement about this as is also affects Sonos Radio

There is an official Sonos post in that thread. They just didn’t start a new ‘Announcements’ thread, unfortunately.