Can't Log Into Last.fm from Sonos

• 27 January 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m trying to login into Last.fm to scrobble my Sonos plays to Last. I’ve been able to log into Last.fm on three mobile devices, a PC, and a Mac, The only device(s) that won’t log in is Sonos...I can’t add the Last.fm service from iOS, Android, or the Controller on my PC.

I’ve already talked with Sonos support who (of course) wanted me to restart various devices including my Boost and two of my Play:5’s. That (of course) didn’t work. :)

Is anyone else having issues with logging into Last.fm? Am I the only remaining Last.fm user? LOL 

I truly appreciate any help you can provide, even if it doesn’t provide a fix. Thanks.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @GuyADye, thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about this issue on Last.fm. Upon checking with our team, we don’t have any ongoing issues or outages with the specific Music service. Are you getting any error messages when adding it? What were you advised after the phone support interaction?

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there @GuyADye, thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about this issue on Last.fm. Upon checking with our team, we don’t have any ongoing issues or outages with the specific Music service. Are you getting any error messages when adding it? What were you advised after the phone support interaction?

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

I’ve attached a screen shot of the error I get when I try to log into Last.fm from Sonos. (This happens from any Sonos client...Windows Controller, iOS, or Android.) In that same screen shot, you can see the successful login to www.lastfm.com using the same username and password. I just sent yet another diagnostics upload: 241541135.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @GuyADye, thanks for the update and the screenshot of the error message. We’ll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They will request a screen share or remote access to your device controllers where you have the Sonos App and do further diagnostics and options on this issue. 

Keep me in the know with the advice above. We’re here to help. 

Badge

No - @GuyADye  you are not the last Scrobbler on the planet, there is at least two of us…..

After resetting my Sonos environment last night (to fix new network probs), I too can no longer sign in to scrobble and have exactly the same symptoms.

Would love the answer to be posted here.  Clearly a Sonos to LastFM integration issue.

I even found an old thread about this, linked to old passwords:-

Changed password, but it didn’t help..

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @magsnal, thanks for reaching out. Sorry to know that you have the same issue on last.fm on Sonos. It would be better if I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They will request remote screen access to your device controller. might try some test accounts to check what’s causing the issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I think it’s safe to assume that Last.fm is no longer a priority as Support has not been able to resolve the login issue...20 days later. I’ve forwarded all troubleshooting information and detail to Last.fm and as I’ve grown tired trying to liaison between the two (Sonos and Last.fm) with only an error message to use as detail. Thanks for trying. 

Not sure if you ever resolved the problem, but I had the same issue this morning. Here’s what worked for me (macos controller):

1. change password on Last.fm, saving new password in apple keychain
  2. Reboot all sonos speakers by unplugging
  3. Quit and restart sonos controller while speakers are disconnected
  4. Plug in one speaker, leaving the rest unplugged
  5. Reopen sonos controller on mac
  6. Once initialized, plug in one additional speaker and wait for it to boot.
  7. Go to add last.fm service, enter in email from memory
  8. Add password from apple keychain (NOT typed in from memory)
  9. Press continue.

This worked for me, though I am unsure which steps may have been useful/useless so I included all of them. 

Just want to share my experience in case any one else is having problems with this.

I had problems adding Last.fm to my Sonos services using my e-mail and password.

I finally found out that the problem was that my Last.fm username is not the same as my e-mail address.

Go to the Account Settings page on Last.fm and check your current username: https://www.last.fm/settings/account/

Normally Last.fm will let you log in with either e-mail or username - but when using Sonos it requires the username.

Inputting my username instead of e-mail fixed the issue for me.

Hey, thanks this worked for me to.