Question

Can't connect to iTunes store

• 1 November 2016
  • 6 replies

Ever since connecting my new playbar and sub, I'm having trouble connecting to the iTunes store on both of my Macbooks running El Capitan 10.11.6. I've since updated to the latest version of iTunes, but still nothing.

I can see my library etc but the screens in the Music, Movies and TV Shows are blank.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, does anyone know a fix?

Cheers

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

This is a Sonos forum. Your question appears to have nothing to do with Sonos.
Thanks John. Should have been clearer and said "Can't connect to iTunes store since plugging in my new Sonos PlayBar and Sub". I do realise this isn't an Apple forum.

I just wondered if anyone else has had a problem with their iTunes Store on a mac that is sharing the same wireless router as their Sonos PlayBar and Sub.

Thanks!
I possibly didn't read carefully enough. But I can't conceive of any way these events can be connected.
Have you got general access to the internet? Have you tried closing iTunes and reopening? Powering the computer off and on again?
Have you got general accept to the internet? Have you tried closing iTunes and reopening? Powering the computer off and on again?

Yep, restarted both MacBooks. Logged out and back into iTunes and then downloaded a fresh iTunes.dmg from Apple but still can't connect. It's most likely a complete coincidence but since it only seems to have occurred after installing the Sonos equipment, I thought I might have missed something or that this was perhaps a known issue.

I had this Macbook that work today in a completely different environment (different building and network) and was able to see the iTunes Store.

Thanks again.
In that case try rebooting your router as there may be a DNS issue. In principle you should reboot everything on your network after a router reboot, but that might not be necessary.