Answered

Can't connect Spotify to Sonos

• 30 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello! Trying to connect to Spotify on my Sonos app, but the service simply doesn’t show up on the list of music services. There’s no errors, etc; out of the services offered to connect to, Spotify isn’t one of them.

I’m currently in South Korea, where Spotify launched its services fairly recently (as of this year or so?); perhaps that may have something to do with it?

If this question has been answered already, apologies; the problems I have been having are little different than the previous postings that I’ve found and did not seem to address the issue.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 August 2021, 07:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I suspect you’re correct, when looking at the FAQ, I don’t see South Korea listed. That likely means that the Spotify legal department needs to authorize Sonos to carry the service in your country.

You may want to ask Spotify themselves when you’ll be allowed to use Sonos with their service there, unfortunately Sonos has no control over that. They have to restrict countries to whatever Spotify has told them to, they’re not allowed to add countries without direction from Spotify. 

I see… that confirms the worst, but I guess it’s better to know what’s happening at the very least. Thank you!