Answered

Can't add music folder from Synology NAS from Macbook Pro

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies
I have a large music library on my Synology NAS and was always able to play it via the sonos music system. I have a new Macbook Pro and installed the sonos app and i'm trying to connect to the music library again. But it won't let me. What can i do to investigate this?
icon

Best answer by Oboe 5 July 2018, 23:26

For example, my qnap share is addressed as //qnap/multimedia/musicmisc where qnap is the device name, multimedia is the qnap shred folder and music is a sub folder of multimedia. I use the administrator password for the access. It works fine, and the library is huge.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Just to reassure, I have a large library on my Synology NAS and am definitely able to add it using the Sonos App on my iPad Pro, so, I would expect that the issue likely arises from getting the correct network address for the folder, and making sure that you have the correct permissions for access to the NAS.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
For example, my qnap share is addressed as //qnap/multimedia/musicmisc where qnap is the device name, multimedia is the qnap shred folder and music is a sub folder of multimedia. I use the administrator password for the access. It works fine, and the library is huge.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Sorry, I meant to say that it works on my iPad Pro and MacBook pro
Hi Oboe, Thanks for the reply. My share address is: //DATAHUB001/Music it use to work fine. But from my Macbook Pro it doesn't. I don't us a iPad so i can't check if this works.How do you analyse this problem. I can acces the address via the Macbook connect share. But not via the Sonos App on the Mac
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Try the obvious things like making sure you are in the same IP address range on the MacBook as the NAS. Make sure the NAS share is open to your user I’d. Check to see if you can access the same share from the MacBook to set up access on the MacBook without using the Sonos app and, if all else fails, call Sonos support. Is your MacBook software current?
I have checked this al several times. And i am running with the latest Macbook Pro and OSX.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Ok, call Sonos support, the qnap connection works fine here and I can use either iPad or macbook or my IMAC version of the Sonos app - sorry can not provide any more help, try the sonos support number
Ok, call Sonos support, the qnap connection works fine here and I can use either iPad or macbook or my IMAC version of the Sonos app - sorry can not provide any more help, try the sonos support number

Thanks for the effort man. Your 🆒