Answered

Can't add Apple Music on Android Sonos app

Userlevel 1

In the Android app, when I try to add my existing Apple Music subscription.

I hit the :

“I’m already a member” button

And then I get 1 second of spinner. But then I get a white screen forever:

Forever white

And AFAIS I can only add Apple Music via the Sonos app on the phone. I have no iOS device. I own a mac and Android devices.
I’d have plenty of Linux devices.. But I guess those are anyway not being supported by Sonos (which is kinda sucks to be honest).

So

icon

Best answer by James L. 20 December 2021, 10:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

105 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Just in the nick of time … NOT!

I already canceled Apple Music.

And good thing I did, because this “fix” is useless to me. It now adds 2FA requiring a verification code sent to the old iPad that I haven’t had for years. I can still run Apple Music on my Android phone and in a web browser, but I can’t add it to Sonos.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Jay, finally it's working again :)

@Doug Ames Even if it sounds like you won't use Apple music anymore from now on: in-case you haven't deleted your apple account, you'll probably be able to delete that iPad from your account with the support.

2fa is sent to me via SMS (I never had an apple device connected to that account)

Badge +17

Hey all,

This might be old news for some, but I’m happy to confirm that this issue has been resolved. :smile:

You should now be able to add your Apple Music accounts from an Android device to Sonos once again.

If anyone is still experiencing issues, please make sure you’ve fully updated both Sonos and Apple Music apps before attempting to add the account to Sonos.

If you still have issues, please get in touch with our customer care team.

Worked for me.. Thank you! 

Hey all,

This might be old news for some, but I’m happy to confirm that this issue has been resolved. :smile:

You should now be able to add your Apple Music accounts from an Android device to Sonos once again.

If anyone is still experiencing issues, please make sure you’ve fully updated both Sonos and Apple Music apps before attempting to add the account to Sonos.

If you still have issues, please get in touch with our customer care team.

I was able to add Apple music using a Samsung Galaxy S10 plus. Finally am able to enjoy apple music on my Sonos.