Can't add Apple Music

• 1 October 2021
  • 41 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

When I try to add Apple Music service in the S1 app (Android 11), I get a blank white screen at the point where it’s supposed to bring up the Apple login page. I tried on two different Android 11 devices. I tried adding other services as an experiment, and they all transfer correctly to the particular service login page at that same point. I asked Sonos support, and they tried some suggestions on Chat and looked at a diagnostic dump, but in the end they were stumped. I’ve successfully connected Apple Music to Sonos before, so it looks to me like a new bug between Sonos and Apple on Android 11.

Unfortunately Sonos doesn’t provide any options. The Windows app is not allowed to add Apple Music. Neither is my Amazon Fire tablet running FireOS 7.3 (Android 9). Neither is the S1 app running on Android 7 any more, the device I’ve always used before.  And my iOS devices are too old to run the latest S1 app. Update: I tried updating to S2 - didn’t help, same problem.

I’m out of ideas. Any suggestions?

41 replies

Thank you so much for your information! I have installed the mirror app, but stuck on downloading 3.8.0 Apple Music app from APK. Where do I find 3.8.0 Apple Music in the APK app?

APK mirror has the beta version here Apple Music 3.8.0, download and the open the apkmirror app, locate the downloaded beta version and install.

It worked! Finally have it on my Sonos! Thank you very much!

Perhaps I am missing a step.  How do you get the Apple music service back on Sonos?  I do not have the service attached to the Sonos app.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2757?

Follow my earlier instructions then go to the Sonos app ≥ settings ≥ services and voice ≥ music and content ≥ add a service then select Apple Music.

Once you have Apple Music 3.8.0 installed and sign in, then go to your Sonos app and go to Settings, Services and voice, Music and Content, Add a service. For me, it didn't work right away, but I tried maybe an hour later and I no longer got a blank screen and was asked to sign in to Apple Music.

I know how to add a service, this is the work around MikeMc24 is discussing.  Since having to reauthorize Apple I no longer have the ability to play Apple Music.  If I try to add Apple Music to Sonos, I get the spinning and then blank page.

So you have the 3.8.0 version of Apple Music installed? Are you able to sign in to that version? If so, I would try adding to Sonos a little while later. For me, I initially had the spinning and blank screen, but tried again later and it worked. May also help to clear apps and reopen.

MikeMc24 - Thank you for the work around, it worked.  Took some time to show, just like you said.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

This issue is now fixed. It was fixed a few days ago in the back-end services with no change to either the Sonos app or the Apple Music app. No announcement or explanation from Sonos or Apple.

Unfortunately there is now a new issue with Apple Music for some people. Apple has added new 2FA that requires you to have either a phone number or an existing Apple device linked to your Apple account. If you don’t have this, or you no longer have access to the old phone number or Apple device, you cannot link Apple Music to Sonos.

Badge

I was stuck in an endless loop trying to add Apple Music via my iPhone.  I would log in, click add, then be asked to log in again.

I deleted Apple Music using Sonos App on my Mac, then re-added using my iPhone - finally worked.  

HTH.

Badge

Sorry to resurrect this thread. I now have the issue that I can add the account, and it goes through the motions to authenticate (or re-authenticate), but clearly it doesn’t as it states ‘Unable to browse music’…. I (obviously) have an Apple ID and a good phone number for 2FA. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry to resurrect this thread. I now have the issue that I can add the account, and it goes through the motions to authenticate (or re-authenticate), but clearly it doesn’t as it states ‘Unable to browse music’…. I (obviously) have an Apple ID and a good phone number for 2FA. Any help would be much appreciated.

I’m having the same issue. 

Badge

For others, there is another link with current info:

Android Apple Music Re-authorise workaround | Sonos Community

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’m having the same issue. 

https://piunikaweb.com/2021/12/03/unable-to-add-apple-music-to-sonos-using-android-you-are-not-alone/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=grow.me&utm_campaign=grow_share_widget