Can't access Deezer

• 29 September 2013
  • 42 replies

When logging into Deezer via Sonos, I get an error message that the Deezer server does not recognise my details. I have tried power recycles, adding and removing the Sonos app, and changing my password with Deezer and still no luck. Can someone help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

42 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Please help - can't play my music / use my system for too long now.
Hi Pipanders, is your system still experiencing the same issue about this last update? If yes, the best would be to contact us by phone. A Sonos agent will be able to remotely connect to your system and check both your Sonos and local network in needed.
Let us know how it goes.
Additional note: I deleted my Deezer account from Sonos app to see if that helped & can not add it bac. The following screen keeps coming up 'there was a problem with adding the Deezer account. A connection to Deezer could not be made'. Also when I try to update my Sonos system I get a similar problem 'update problem. There was a problem during the update of your Sonos system. Select try again to repeat the update'. I have tried both now for last 2 weeks & rebooted all devices as well as wifi numerous times - same thing each time. Please help - can't play my music / use my system for too long now.
Hi Jeff - thank you for responding. I have done as you said... still no joy 😞 any other suggestions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Please try rebooting your router and each Sonos unit. This should update the network information on each device and may help your system connect to Deezer. To reboot your Sonos units just remove them from power for ten seconds or so.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can't connect to my Deezer - can connect via deezer app but Sonos app won't connect to Deezer. Can't be system/network as my partner can manage to connect to my accounts on his phone! Totally annoying, my Sonos, my Deezer & I can't use! Frustrated!!

Hi Pipanders,

I'd like to see a diagnostic report from your system. Please submit a report and reply with the confirmation number.
Can't connect to my Deezer - can connect via deezer app but Sonos app won't connect to Deezer. Can't be system/network as my partner can manage to connect to my accounts on his phone! Totally annoying, my Sonos, my Deezer & I can't use! Frustrated!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I can't make it work today - why no entries here for 2 years?

Hi PreshawPete,

Are you getting an error when you try to play Deezer? Please send in a diagnostic report from your system, reply with the confirmation number, and I'll take a look. Here's how to submit reports.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I can't make it work today - why no entries here for 2 years?
I had the same problem Whitney deezer today. So i replace my deezer acount from sonos and add it again..... This solved deezer connection problem 🙂
Yups indeed... here we go again. I did some extra tests. Removed the SONOS App from my Deezer profile and recreated the profile via the SONOS App. It immediately recreated the entries on both SONOS and DEEZER. So authentication and authorisation works. Unfortunately I can't find how SONOS implemented the integration with DEEZER as there is no documentation on http://developers.deezer.com/guidelines/getting_started for this type of integration (this is mostly about IOS, Android, web plugins, Adobe flash, javascript). It would be nice to understand what's going on here? I think the SONOS system-api.sonos.com IP address is some kind of proxy; but that would be strange as SONOS would need to handle all the DEEZER streams to the SONOS end devices?
It was working .. then again ... gone ... working again ... now no connection. So this is far from running stable 😞
well deezer on sonos seems to be working well again, hope it stays like that
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Out again.......
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello everyone, We have been experiencing an outage with Deezer on Sonos. It seems to be up currently, but we are still working on a few things to make sure that the outage is completely resolved. We'll let you know as soon as we are sure it's up reliably. Cheers.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Yep, as you say, WTF?
Woohoo... it works again... WTF?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Deezer access thru Sonos was fine yesterday, but this morning stopped working AGAIN! If this is a continuing trend I'm going to have to quit Deezer altogether, and start looking for an alternative to my Sonos setup. Certainly not buying any more Sonos stuff in the near future, although I DID have plans to put a Play:5 in my wife's office and a Connect in the TV room.
Indeed, it's borked again. I've dug a bit in my network. Every time a SONOS device wants to access Deezer it goes via a SONOS server: 02-Oct-2013 20:42:02.372 client 192.168.1.22#59327: query: system-api.sonos.com IN A + (192.168.1.200) Either that server(s) has a major issue or it has issues connecting to Deezer?
Yep ... connection between sonos and deezer is lost again!! From my experience this is - of course - not a regular issue, and I selected deezer instead of simfy or spotify, because the connection, the integration and the service seemed to be better. Using deezer within sonos for around 5 months I faced only little problems, but not such complete service breakdowns. Really strange and disappointing 😞 And what I find somehow alarming is the fact that after more than three days there is still no one from Sonos telling us "that all will be fine soon"...
problems again accessing deezer via sonos, doesnt recognise my login details. Deezer app working fine. Second time this has gone down for me this week and i've only had sonos for a week. Is this a regular issue? Will have to consider changing one (sonos or deezer) if so
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
All functions seem to be working as of a couple of hours ago. I think the search function is even improved, but I could be wrong. It would be nice of either SONOS or Deezer to acknowledge and explain the problem, if only to be polite. Deezer took their Premium+ monthly fee right on time......
sonos's whole ethic and marketing strap is 'all the music on earth' so for a leading music paid-for music service to not work for 4 days, with no comment whatsoever from Sonos themselves, is disappointing
I cannot use Sonos at all - cannot access / log in to Deezer and cannot access my iTunes library - I dont understand who deals with this - have emailed Sonos and Deezer - no response...normally this sort of problem isnt allowed to continue for such a long period of time - basically the equipment is faulty and therefore should be returned to Sonos for a full refund - I have 9 Amps and 2 soundbars - what do they propose?
I understand your frustration, but all the third party integrations like Deezer, Spotify and the sorts are based on best effort from SONOS' side. There is no contract/SLA between these third parties and the SONOS soundsystem. Hence there is absolutely no guarantee that it will work and be a reliable service. What we don't know is if Deezer changed their API for third party integration, which is used to integrate SONOS and third parties. It's very odd that SONOS engineers do not react on the topic, I agree to that, which makes me think this is a very odd and difficult to reproduce issue.
Unplugged everything for 1 minute - restarted - works!!!