Can't access Deezer

• 29 September 2013
  • 42 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

42 replies

Woohoo... it works again... WTF?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Yep, as you say, WTF?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello everyone, We have been experiencing an outage with Deezer on Sonos. It seems to be up currently, but we are still working on a few things to make sure that the outage is completely resolved. We'll let you know as soon as we are sure it's up reliably. Cheers.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Out again.......
well deezer on sonos seems to be working well again, hope it stays like that
It was working .. then again ... gone ... working again ... now no connection. So this is far from running stable 😞
Yups indeed... here we go again. I did some extra tests. Removed the SONOS App from my Deezer profile and recreated the profile via the SONOS App. It immediately recreated the entries on both SONOS and DEEZER. So authentication and authorisation works. Unfortunately I can't find how SONOS implemented the integration with DEEZER as there is no documentation on http://developers.deezer.com/guidelines/getting_started for this type of integration (this is mostly about IOS, Android, web plugins, Adobe flash, javascript). It would be nice to understand what's going on here? I think the SONOS system-api.sonos.com IP address is some kind of proxy; but that would be strange as SONOS would need to handle all the DEEZER streams to the SONOS end devices?
I had the same problem Whitney deezer today. So i replace my deezer acount from sonos and add it again..... This solved deezer connection problem 🙂
Userlevel 1
Badge
I can't make it work today - why no entries here for 2 years?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I can't make it work today - why no entries here for 2 years?

Hi PreshawPete,

Are you getting an error when you try to play Deezer? Please send in a diagnostic report from your system, reply with the confirmation number, and I'll take a look. Here's how to submit reports.
Can't connect to my Deezer - can connect via deezer app but Sonos app won't connect to Deezer. Can't be system/network as my partner can manage to connect to my accounts on his phone! Totally annoying, my Sonos, my Deezer & I can't use! Frustrated!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can't connect to my Deezer - can connect via deezer app but Sonos app won't connect to Deezer. Can't be system/network as my partner can manage to connect to my accounts on his phone! Totally annoying, my Sonos, my Deezer & I can't use! Frustrated!!

Hi Pipanders,

I'd like to see a diagnostic report from your system. Please submit a report and reply with the confirmation number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Please try rebooting your router and each Sonos unit. This should update the network information on each device and may help your system connect to Deezer. To reboot your Sonos units just remove them from power for ten seconds or so.
Hi Jeff - thank you for responding. I have done as you said... still no joy 😞 any other suggestions?
Additional note: I deleted my Deezer account from Sonos app to see if that helped & can not add it bac. The following screen keeps coming up 'there was a problem with adding the Deezer account. A connection to Deezer could not be made'. Also when I try to update my Sonos system I get a similar problem 'update problem. There was a problem during the update of your Sonos system. Select try again to repeat the update'. I have tried both now for last 2 weeks & rebooted all devices as well as wifi numerous times - same thing each time. Please help - can't play my music / use my system for too long now.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Please help - can't play my music / use my system for too long now.
Hi Pipanders, is your system still experiencing the same issue about this last update? If yes, the best would be to contact us by phone. A Sonos agent will be able to remotely connect to your system and check both your Sonos and local network in needed.
Let us know how it goes.