Answered

Can Only use Spotify through sonos and not vice versa

• 20 May 2019
  • 5 replies

Through the entire weekend I can’t sync sonos and Spotify through the Spotify app, which has superior functionality. I have gotten by using the sonos app, but it is not ideal and would love to get back to using the Spotify app. Currently when I sync through Spotify the volume goes to 0 and plays, increasing volume still no sound. As stated, going through sonos app and Spotify plays, but the search and functionality are far worse than the native Spotify app. I have seen others with similar issues. Usual restart and reinstall etc steps have been taken.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 20 May 2019, 18:56

Hi there, @BlackCurrantUnionPier -

Over the weekend we did have an outage over the weekend regarding this exact problem. The issue should be resolved at this point, but if the problem persists I would recommend giving our support technicians a call so they can have a much closer look in real time.

Additionally, you may find it helpful to check out our status page here. This website (which is also linked on the Community sidebar), will allow you to view real-time service status on Sonos and will inform you if what you are experiencing is part of an ongoing outage.

Thanks!
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, @BlackCurrantUnionPier -

Over the weekend we did have an outage over the weekend regarding this exact problem. The issue should be resolved at this point, but if the problem persists I would recommend giving our support technicians a call so they can have a much closer look in real time.

Additionally, you may find it helpful to check out our status page here. This website (which is also linked on the Community sidebar), will allow you to view real-time service status on Sonos and will inform you if what you are experiencing is part of an ongoing outage.

Thanks!
Badge +2
Still seems to be an issue. Same with iPhone and iPad, latest iOS and Sonos software versions.
Since you're still having the problem, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it. I tend to suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Since you're still having the problem, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it. I tend to suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

I sat on hold for over 10 minutes this afternoon. I don't have a ton of time to wait around on hold right now. I'd love to get this resolved, but I'm not always at the location where my speaker and ipad are, and when I'm there I don't have copious amounts of time to sit on hold. This seems to be an issue affecting multiple Sonos/Spotify issues, maybe not wasting individual users time on hold and fixing the issue is a better use of everyones time. If someone can direct me on how to request the diagnostic information I will gladly do so.
I'm just another user of Sonos, just like you, so I don't have any investment on your time to sit on the phone. You could always try the 24/7 that I mentioned.

As near as I can tell, this issue is affecting a mere handful of users, as there's been no particular upswell in complaints posted on this forum. In the majority of these kinds of cases, I tend to think that it's an issue with wifi interference in the local environment, but not being a Sonos employee and having access to the diagnostic data, I can't be sure of that. Which is why I recommend talking directly to them, either via the phone, or the Twitter/Facebook avenues.

How to actually submit the diagnostic can be learned by clicking on the link in my original post, i.e. the underlined words. In fact, I'll give it here again: submit a system diagnostic

I hope you're able to get your concerns addressed.