Answered

Can I reverse s2 upgrade.

• 27 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I am still using a bridge which prevents me from upgrading my system to s2.

The upgrade wizard tells me that my system will work fine without the bridge. But if I accept this and upgrade what happens if it doesn’t work well? Is there any way back?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 27 February 2022, 14:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

There are ways to get back to S1 and that is to have an S1 system already, or you have an S1 only speaker/device available in order to create an S1 Sonos system from scratch. 

So, just as examples, if you had a factory reset Play;5 (gen 1) you would be able to create a brand new S1 Sonos system beginning with that device -or- if you have set aside a speaker that was already setup on an S1 Sonos system, you could use the S1 App to initially connect to that standalone device/system and then add compatible S1 products to that system.

The one important thing to note is that an upgraded Sonos One SL that has been moved to S2 at any point, cannot be downgraded to S1.

To see the complete list of S1/S2 compatible devices please see this link below:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4786

Just for further clarity, my understanding is that for rebuilding a S1 system, if the only device remaining on S1 is the BRIDGE, it’s insufficient. You must, I believe, have a speaker.