Answered

Can I play spotify songs I've downloaded to my iphone on the Sonos One, over my local wifi, without needing internet connectivity?

• 12 February 2018
  • 14 replies

I live in a remote location and often my internet is down. I have a spotify premium account. Can I play the songs I have downloaded to iphone on the Sonos One without needing internet connectivity? In other words, is there a way I can play the songs directly from my phone?
icon

Best answer by Kumar 12 February 2018, 22:15

For more on this see: https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/offline-play-from-google-play-apple-music-on-sonos-6789701
To the OP; I believe you can do this only if you have a Sonos unit with a line in jack that can accept a wire from the headphone socket of the phone. Not on the Sonos One.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
I subscribe to Apple Music but I am sure you can do the same with Spotify. That is, I can download music to my iPhone and IPad in addition to downloading any Playlist I have compiled. That way, I can play music through my car system. I can also play the downloaded music via my Sonos system. Look more carefully at your Spotify and find download option. Or do a Google search as to how to download Spotify tracks to your device.
That is, I can download music to my iPhone and IPad in addition to downloading any Playlist I have compiled. That way, I can play music through my car system. I can also play the downloaded music via my Sonos system.
In the car you can do this from the phone/pad via bluetooth or Aux wire. How can you do this on Sonos units that don't have line in that can take an Aux wire?
For more on this see: https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/offline-play-from-google-play-apple-music-on-sonos-6789701
To the OP; I believe you can do this only if you have a Sonos unit with a line in jack that can accept a wire from the headphone socket of the phone. Not on the Sonos One.
I Look more carefully at your Spotify and find download option. Or do a Google search as to how to download Spotify tracks to your device.

Thanks, but that wasn't my question. I already know how to download tracks to my phone within spotify. That's why I asked if it was possible to play them through the sonos without having it connected to the internet.
It isn't possible with the One. It takes a Sonos unit that has a line in jack. Neither can the voice features of the One be used without net availability. You might want to change the One for a 5 unit. Or if that is too expensive, a mains powered bluetooth speaker.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
I Look more carefully at your Spotify and find download option. Or do a Google search as to how to download Spotify tracks to your device.

Thanks, but that wasn't my question. I already know how to download tracks to my phone within spotify. That's why I asked if it was possible to play them through the sonos without having it connected to the internet.

Don’t think Sonos without a reliable internet connect was your best choice frankly! Unless you go down the Bluetooth route, which is not an option with your device. Sorry, I’m sure others will help more than I could.

Don’t think Sonos without a reliable internet connect was your best choice frankly! Unless you go down the Bluetooth route, which is not an option with your device. Sorry, I’m sure others will help more than I could.

thanks for the clarification. fortunately I havent purchased one.
It isn't possible with the One. It takes a Sonos unit that has a line in jack. Neither can the voice features of the One be used without net availability. You might want to change the One for a 5 unit. Or if that is too expensive, a mains powered bluetooth speaker.

This is good info that I wasn't aware of. Thank you! Sounds like a mains powered BT speaker will be better given my limited internet.
Either a mains powered one or one with a battery that can be moved around easily, including on travels. There are many that offer more than 10 hours from a charge and are quite capable of dual use.
Please make sure to download spotify songs to Sonos One supported mp3 audio format.
I use Allavsoft to download music from spotify to mp3 and play the downloaded spotify music on Sonos One