Answered

Can I play my audio book on my Sonos?

I purchased Sonos for my entire house but I have not figured how to listen to my audio books. I use audible . Is this even possible or can someone help?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 7 March 2017, 23:43

Hi Evilhaydee, we're working with Audible to bring a full service to Sonos this year. It should be available in the summer. In the mean time, you could use a Sonos player with a line in, like the CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP, or PLAY:5 and send the audio over the cable from another device.

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Evilhaydee, we're working with Audible to bring a full service to Sonos this year. It should be available in the summer. In the mean time, you could use a Sonos player with a line in, like the CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP, or PLAY:5 and send the audio over the cable from another device.
Can we get an update on bringing Audible onto the Sonos platform? Also what about the podcast app for iPhone? Will that be coming to Sonos soon?
I been waiting long time for Sonos and Audible compatibility.
If Sonos had Bluetooth then as easy solution would be to stream direct from the app to a speaker. I know some say its unreliable but if in the same room I never found any issues and its not as if you are going to stream to a speaker in one room and then walk out carring your iOS / Android device as you won't hear the speaker once you have left!
flemingc22 wrote:

Can we get an update on bringing Audible onto the Sonos platform? Also what about the podcast app for iPhone? Will that be coming to Sonos soon?

You can listen to podcasts from the iPhone podcast app. It's under "On This iPhone" and is at the bottom of the list. You have to download the podcast in the app though.
So nothing on Sonos?
SpaceCaptain wrote:

So nothing on Sonos?

Nothing more then they have stated summer 2018. Could be Audible who's holding it up. No idea.
Yontsey wrote:

SpaceCaptain wrote:

So nothing on Sonos?

Nothing more then they have stated summer 2018. Could be Audible who's holding it up. No idea.

Summer 2017. They still have a few weeks to deliver.
John B wrote:

Yontsey wrote:

SpaceCaptain wrote:

So nothing on Sonos?

Summer 2017. They still have a few weeks to deliver.

My bad. 2017. Sorry I was half asleep when I wrote that.
Sonos replied to a tweet of mine asking about Audible integration and they said "Hang tight, it's on its way."
Any Updates to this? I honestly love sonos - but this is getting frustrating.
They have a keynote type thing in about a month. Maybe something there.
Summer come and gone...any update on this?
An update would be greatly appreciated.
Yontsey wrote:

An update would be greatly appreciated.

Audible is definitely coming. By the end of this year was promised via social media.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)