Question

Can I get Sonos to play whatever my computer is playing?

• 19 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi, Can I get the sonos to play whatever the computer is playing? or am i restricted to the sonos app and radio stations there? I want to quite simply use this to play whatever my PC plays but this doesnt seem to work....... I just want to use i as a computer speaker is all.
Please help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No. It is not a computer speaker.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
You may wanna check out this thread, where we talked about how to bring computer audio to Sonos. A little more advanced of a setup but, it can be done.
Userlevel 5
Badge +8
No. It is not a computer speaker.

Actually, you can; but it's not cheap. I have two of my computers hooked to Sonos Connects and if works fine. I also have Echo Dots connected and they take advantage of the nice Klipsch speakers I have attached to the computers.

You may wanna check out this thread, where we talked about how to bring computer audio to Sonos. A little more advanced of a setup but, it can be done.

Good discussion here.
Another way of doing this for Sonos kit that has line in is by wiring a Dot to it, and then using the bluetooth option on the computer to feed the Dot; this is useful if the speakers are not being placed flanking the computer, with voice control as an added bonus. But a line in somewhere is a must.