Answered

bluetooth

• 7 March 2020
  • 4 replies

help

I am trying to connect my ion vinyl motion air record player built-in Bluetooth to my Sonos play bar how do I do this. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 7 March 2020, 13:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The Sonos playbar doesn’t have bluetooth functionality.

As the TT has Bluetooth connectivity, I would add a compatible Bluetooth 'receiver' to an audio-in (RCA..?) connection on your TV that the Playbar is (hopefully) connected to ..and select the audio in as the TV input source. The playing audio will output via the connected Playbar.

Obviously this depends on what audio input ports are available on your TV… but this would likely be the cheapest and easiest option.

That TT also has RCA output jacks. Either connect via the TV as suggested, or use an analog-digital converter plus an optical switch to interface to the Playbar’s optical port.

(The switch is to be able to toggle the Playbar between the TT and the TV without swapping the optical cables each time, as this could eventually damage the Playbar or TV optical port.) 

Alternatively, if there’s another Sonos player in the system which has a Line-In socket then connect to that.   

tbh its so badly made that you cant choose between what you want to use there have been so many times where i have sat and listened to musci from my phone becaus sonos could connect becaus my wifi issnt the best it would be so much easier if i could just switch between bluetooth and wifi conection like an off and on switch