Big R Radio on sonos

• 30 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi all , I like listening to Big R radio 80s Rock via the internet , is it possible to get this to play on the Sonos beam ? I have an android phone .

4 replies

Have you checked to see if this radio station is carried by TuneIn, or myRadio, or even iHeart radio, all of which are already part of the Sonos system?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Have you checked to see if this radio station is carried by TuneIn, or myRadio, or even iHeart radio, all of which are already part of the Sonos system?

Hi again Bruce , it doesn't appear to be 😔 I like American rock channels too , think I may struggle with these ....

If it’s no available through them, it may depend on whether or not they have a stream that you can access directly on your website, which you can set up by reading the internet radio station FAQ.

Alternately, if you have an Apple device and AirPlay 2 compatible Sonos devices, you could always use AirPlay 2 to send the signal to your speakers. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks again Bruce ! I've had a play around and I can Bluetooth my phone to my Samsung TV and the music comes out of my TV speakers so I'm hoping that with the Sonos connected via HDMI and CEC on then the music may come out if the Sonos , I'll definitely try it when it all arrives