Better buffering with TuneIn

• 19 October 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi
My problem would disappear with a stronger internet connection... I know that in advance... However that's not going to change, so here's my issue.

My internet connection is quite weak, it'll give quick speed one second, slow the next. If I play YouTube videos I have absolutely no problem... It buffers ahead during the quality connection time and uses the buffer during the poor connection time... Works flawlessly.

However, when I try and play radio through TuneIn on Sonos, it's awful. Far less bandwidth is used, but the stations drop all the time. Can it not make proper use of a buffer? Is there a setting to change this??

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Only choice may be have your phone do buffering and send to Sonos - like if use airplay from an iPhone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Hi, haverer2. Sadly, no. You are going to suffer this buffering issue as long as your internet speed is insufficient. Perhaps another has a workaround, so I'll be following the thread. I would be surprised, however.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings