Answered

Beats 1 Radio Shows on Apple Music

• 2 February 2016
  • 30 replies

Userlevel 1
Is there a way to listen to Beats 1 radio shows on demand through Sonos? These are available on the Apple Music app and iTunes, but I can't find them on Sonos. For clarity, I see the Beats 1 live stream on Sonos, but not the on demand / archived versions of prior radio shows.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 2 February 2017, 19:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
We're currently working to get that on demand shows working on Sonos, they aren't currently available. You can find a list of all the Apple Music features available on Sonos here, including the ones we're working on.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
We're currently working to get that on demand shows working on Sonos, they aren't currently available. You can find a list of all the Apple Music features available on Sonos here, including the ones we're working on.

Ryan - any idea when that list will be updated? For example, the last item in the list of things that have yet to be implemented says:

"Improving search to include items from My Music. (In the current beta, you can search the entire Apple Music catalog of over 30 million songs.)"

But this was implemented a couple weeks ago now.

Further to that, are there going to be changes made to some things not listed - specifically, the refresh time of things like playlists / etc? For example, I created three new radio stations in iTunes a couple of days ago and they JUST started appearing in my Radio->Recent list on Sonos today.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
The list should be updated soon, likely with the next steps of the beta program.

Yes, there are certainly going to be changes that are made which aren't on that list of things to do. In general we don't talk about what's coming, but we wanted to have a little visibility on what's up because of the number of people all participating in the beta. General maintenance or functionality concerns are constantly being looked into for ways to improve them.

Thanks for helping out in the beta and make sure you share feedback through the app for anything you're seeing that could be a problem.
Userlevel 1
Hi,

It's been 6 months still we have no Beats 1 on Demand on Sonos. Just checking in to see if any updates on this.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi,

It's been 6 months still we have no Beats 1 on Demand on Sonos. Just checking in to see if any updates on this.

Still no ETA at this time, I'm afraid. We'll announce here when we have more to share.
The on demand Beats 1 shows are one of the reasons I got Apple music. Really wish I could play them through Sonos. Instead, I find myself using my inferior bluetooth speaker more than I want to.
Just chiming in that I also want this feature. The Beats 1 archives are full of great stuff I can't listen to through the Sonos app.
damn just bought a bunch of play 1's for my house and im upset no on demand... hopefully we wont have to wait too long
Need this feature badly, still no update?
Just chiming in that I also want this feature. The Beats 1 archives are full of great stuff I can't listen to through the Sonos app.

Set my system up today and it was the first thing I wanted to play, that's a bummer! Hopefully it's not too far off as they push out new features.
Badge
Damn first time I've really used beats content to try listen to Skepta live from Alexandra palace and I can't do it.
yeah man this sucks i hope they update this. been a year with no updates from sonos
Looking for this feature right now
Same here. Bummer that the Beats 1 archives are missing,
Isn't there any workaround to listen to on demand?
Looking for this feature as well but for radio shows such as Soulection or OVO Sound... First thing I was looking for when I installed my Sonos....
Hi,

Still no ETA at this time, I'm afraid. We'll announce here when we have more to share.

Common guys ! Is it that hard ? Keep in mind that 90% of the value of Apple Music is in those curated shows ?
Just created a Sonos forum account to say that this is the feature that would really complete my Sonos listening experience. Really hoping that it comes soon!
Come on Sonos! 12 months and no progress? You should be embarrassed!
This is seems like quite an oversight by Sonos, surely it can't be that hard for them to implement over the last year.
Some of these shows can be found on SoundCloud. The only way i've found to work around this is to airplay from my iPhone to apple tv (connected to a Playbar) and then group it with other speakers. Terrible fix. 😞
THEY DID IT!!! YES!!! THANK YOU SONOS!!!! (now we just have to be able to fast forward and rewind....lol we are never satisfied)
I'm not home at the moment, how can you get them? Have they updated the app?
yes. I just updated this morning and it works on my phone and laptop controller. It is a happy day my friend, enjoy!
I should preface....you need to be signed up for their beta program.