Answered

BBC Sounds Service Not Working

• 20 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello all,

I have successfully added and authorized the BBC Sounds app within Sonos, but get an empty window with the message ‘Can’t browse music’. I am in the UK. I can’t see any mention of this problem anywhere. Any suggestions?
Thanks

icon

Best answer by John B 22 April 2022, 12:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Have you set up a BBC Sounds account?

Thanks for the reply. Sonos took me to the BBC website to login using my existing BBC login, which I did, and then returned to Sonos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And all is well?

Sorry for the ambiguity: no, nothing happens. I get a blank screen and ‘Unable to browse music’ with a grey folder icon. Both on my iPhone and Desktop Sonos app,

Is there a minimum version of Sonos this requires to work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I seems S1 gives more problems than S2. What version are you on?

😬 … 8.4

But I have lots of other music services on there with no problem. Perhaps this is a step too far for my system, if nobody else is reporting difficulties setting it up, it’s probably the old system.

😬 … 8.4

But I have lots of other music services on there with no problem. Perhaps this is a step too far for my system, if nobody else is reporting difficulties setting it up, it’s probably the old system.

I don’t think so.  Have you checked that your Sonos account is set up with location of UK?

Edit - sorry, just noted the 8.4 software is what you are referring to.  Yes it’s probably that.

What is keeping you on 8.4?  CR100?

What is keeping you on 8.4?  CR100?

Yes, exactly: the CR100 mounted on the kitchen wall still works perfectly!