Answered

BBC Sounds missing from Services

• Contributor I
  • 6 replies

My profile address is in the UK, but I’m unable to link to BBC Sounds as it doesn’t appear in the services list

icon

Best answer by MGRT 17 April 2022, 22:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

It needs to be correct in your online Sonos account, not your forum account.  Is it?

It needs to be correct in your online Sonos account, not your forum account.  Is it?

Yes, updated my online account when I first encountered the problem, but it hasn’t fixed it 

There’s likely to be a couple of additional requirements, too, which are unclear from your post.

First, it’s likely that the BBC has geo-locked their service in addition to the filter Sonos puts on seeing the service, so it may not be enough just to list the address as the UK, but you may need to actively be in the UK. 

Second, you’d need to be using the latest version of the Sonos software for either S1 or S2. Using older versions, if you are, would likely block the ability for the Sonos system to present you the option. 

Yes, updated my online account when I first encountered the problem, but it hasn’t fixed it 

Go to Settings/System/System Updates and hit Check for Updates. This can be necessary to force a refresh of the service list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Have you added it to your services? Or are you saying that when you scroll down to add press the the Add a Service button it isn’t listed in those services?

There’s likely to be a couple of additional requirements, too, which are unclear from your post.

First, it’s likely that the BBC has geo-locked their service in addition to the filter Sonos puts on seeing the service, so it may not be enough just to list the address as the UK, but you may need to actively be in the UK. 

Second, you’d need to be using the latest version of the Sonos software for either S1 or S2. Using older versions, if you are, would likely block the ability for the Sonos system to present you the option. 

Yes, I’m physically in the UK, my Sonos app is updated, and my device is set to UK region. I was not in the UK when I first set up my system, which I suspect is the source of the problem, I just don’t know how to solve it. 

Have you added it to your services? Or are you saying that when you scroll down to add press the the Add a Service button it isn’t listed in those services?

When I scroll down it’s not listed in Services. 

Go to Settings/System/System Updates and hit Check for Updates. This can be necessary to force a refresh of the service list.

I tried that, but afraid it didn’t help 

Thank you everyone for your input and suggestions. After checking for system updates for the fourth or fifth time the problem has now resolved itself. Still don’t really know what the problem was or what solved it, but I’ve now successfully linked to BBC Sounds. Thanks again. 

Just to confirm, that you have selected the U.K. from the list of countries in your online Sonos profile and saved the setting afterwards? See screenshot attached.

Just want to double check that’s the area you have checked and that the same ‘profile’ shows a list of your current Sonos products on the System ‘Tab’ (menu) option?

Just to confirm, that you have selected the U.K. from the list of countries in your online Sonos profile and saved the setting afterwards? See screenshot attached.

Just want to double check that’s the area you have checked and that the same ‘profile’ shows a list of your current Sonos products on the System ‘Tab’ (menu) option?

Yes, had done that earlier. Problem has now resolved itself. Not sure why, as I did nothing I hadn’t done before, but thank you for your input. 

Same problem. How is your resolved? 

Same problem. How is your resolved? 

What have you tried so far - have you set your online profile to show United Kingdom in your country settings as per the screenshot posted earlier in the thread.. did you check that your Sonos devices are showing on the ‘System’ section in the same online profile?

And are you actually in the UK? There might be some geofencing going on beyond just the Sonos database’s service address….