Answered

BBC Sounds - Date Format in 'My Sounds: Subscribed' listing.

• 16 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

There seems to be problem with localisation in the PC controller app.  When I view the list of shows in a specific list of shows I’ve subscribed to, the date format is not DD/MM/YYYY (UK where I live).  The dates of the shows are listed in MM/DD/YYYY (US) format.

Could this get checked out and if I’m not being dumb, get fixed?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by craigski 22 August 2022, 18:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I see same. You can click ‘Info & Options’ on the episode, ‘More Info’ and it does display date in a readable format, if you did need to confirm actual date.

I’m not sure if this is a Sonos bug or a BBC bug?

Same here. Most probably it’s on the BBC side.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help/questions/listening-on-a-smart-speaker/sonos

Suggests a BBC bug, report via the Contact Us on that page, selecting Comment > Smart speaker > Sonos

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Update: I did report to BBC using link I found above, and BBC came back to me:

We have looked into this and found that the error is on Sonos' side. We have raised this with Sonos and requested that they look into the issue. Thanks for reporting this to us and sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Much to my surprise this is indeed a Sonos bug: the BBC deliver the show date in UTC form, and it is Sonos that mis-converts this to US format on UK devices.

(My own app has other issues with these podcasts, I now discover: I’m on it!)