Answered

BBC Radio Scotland MW from Tune In Worldwide Rights Issue

• 27 December 2017
  • 6 replies

When I play Radio Scotland MW (for football commentary) through the PC App or IOS app it works fine, but if I use Echo Dot I get a message indicating I am outside the UK. this suggests that the stream is coming via Amazon somehow, not just straight to the Sonos - I didn't think that was how it was meant to work. Any ideas on a solution?
icon

Best answer by wkeith 25 September 2018, 19:12

This problem is solved now - One or more of Amazon, Tune-in and the BBC have sorted the rights issue and I can now listen to football commentaries via Alexa.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

This problem is solved now - One or more of Amazon, Tune-in and the BBC have sorted the rights issue and I can now listen to football commentaries via Alexa.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, wkeith. Thanks for posting! When a command is given to the Dot, it goes through Alexa to play to Sonos through the use of the Sonos skill. Be sure to verify your personal information is correct on both Sonos and Amazon.

When I request using alexa, this is the station I get

when I use the Sonos App on PC or iPhone I get this station (Which works for football commentary)
If i use the tunein webpage I get the "Falkirk" station and Station not available error
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, wkeith. Thanks for the screenshots. I think it may be best to give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot in real time. They are able to take a look at alexa.amazon.com and verify that everything is set up properly between Sonos and Amazon Alexa.

Thanks!