BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Xtra

• 6 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Is anyone else having problems with BBC Radio 5 Live Sports extra. Tried tuning in this morning through my Sonos, but it's not playing and says that access is denied. I see that access is denied from outside UK but I am in the UK. Anyone else having the same problem or does anyone have a possible solution to this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Can you confirm this definitely works using RadioPlayer? I can get the main BBC stations to play but not Sports Extra. Is it just me?

Thanks,

Thanks Michelle - really appreciate you responding.

Still not working for me (option is there but just won’t start playing) but, helpfully, a kind person on Reddit recommended the ‘myTuner Radio’ app which does work. So, hopefully, there are at least two possible solutions for others to try.

Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It was Facebook not reddit: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sonosusersgroup/permalink/1060128978130256/

Useful thread thanks.  You can also add BBC Sounds now too which is quite handy too

I’ve just checked and I can still get BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra through RadioPlayer. Hope you manage to get it to work for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

There was a reddit post about this (specifically the cricket coverage) and the official Sonos response was this stream is currently broken so use a different aggregator for now (ie not TuneIn).

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yes I had this issue with TuneIn and Sonos Radio. I changed to RadioPlayer and that is/was ok

Thank you so much for your responses. I have changed to RadioPlayer, which was very easy to do, and my problem is resolved.