Answered

BBC Radio 1 Dance via Sonos One?

• 4 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi. I’ve discovered BBC R1 Dance recently whilst out on the bike, it’s just the ticket for some background tunes at 9pm cruising round some nice quiet summery lanes.

Just asked my Sonos One to chuck it on at home via Alexa, and it couldn’t find it.

I searched manually in the app, and sure enough, it isn’t there.

TuneIn has every single BBC Station other than R1 dance it seems.

Anyone got any ideas?

I’ve read that you can AirPlay some BBC stuff to a Sonos, but I’m all android so not an option.

Seems a weird, and annoying, oversight by someone somewhere.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 June 2021, 21:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You’d need to ask the BBC why they don’t make that available to places like TuneIn, etc. But it’s not only that particular channel, there are others that the BBC restricts to their own software apps, and don’t send to international broadcast places like TuneIn, RadioPlayer, etc, likely due to licensing issues with the content.

Yea, it would be nice if Google (Android) were to come out with something like AirPlay 2 that could be used. Or for that matter, someone implemented AirPlay 2 itself on the Android platform, but my guess is Apple wouldn’t be anxious to allow that.