Question

BBC iPlayer

It sems to have gone quiet on this topic. Many UK residents use the BBC Iplayer to access radio services and podcasts.
When is Sonos going to support this? There is no way i would consider expanding my system until this is resolved, is Sonos doing anything on this?

5 replies

It hasn't gone quiet at all, Sonos stated quite clearly that BBC on-demand content would be available during the first part of 2016. We're not even in 2016, so I don't know what more you expect them to say at this stage.
I purchased my Sonos from John Lewis, there was a Sonos representative in store, I specifically asked about i-player and stated that this was one of the main reasons for getting the speakers, he assured me that I-player would be up and running within 4 weeks, I bought the speakers on that basis but it doesn't seem to be the case, not great customer service if they are stating later in 2016.
I would be very keen on this too-you can search with limited success for specific programmes via Tunedin radio but it does seem weird that this isn't integrated yet
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
It hasn't gone quiet at all, Sonos stated quite clearly that BBC on-demand content would be available during the first part of 2016. We're not even in 2016, so I don't know what more you expect them to say at this stage.

They've still got 364 days left to sort it out!
I would be very keen on this too-you can search with limited success for specific programmes via Tunedin radio but it does seem weird that this isn't integrated yet

How is it "weird" when Sonos have stated quite categorically that it wouldn't be available until later in 2016? It took around 9 months to get the live hls streaming working, it's clearly not a simple operation.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings