Bandcamp weekly support?

• 16 February 2017
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
One of my favourite things about Bandcamp is the Bandcamp weekly. Since upgrading to Sonos, I've not been able to listen to it, and I'd love to be able to again... Please add support for it!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
One time, at bandcamp..................................................
Having the same issue - can't listen to Bandcamp Weekly or search/play artists that I follow but haven't purchased music through. Anyone have a solution?
Usually, it is up to the service provider to implement features via the free Sonos Music Partners API. For features like this, it is best to lobby both Sonos and Bandcamp, for you most probably will have better luck at the service themselves.
Gotcha, thanks @jgatie!
Ok please add this sonos!.
Such a cool show and great way to market the new music on the platform!!
Is just another item to add to the long list of things that Sonos won't let you play. Why can't we just play any URL that streams music?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Is just another item to add to the long list of things that Sonos won't let you play. Why can't we just play any URL that streams music?

You totally can.

How to add an Internet radio station to Sonos
No you can't. Did you try? Doesn't work for bandcamp weekly.
I'd love to have direct support within the Sonos app, but if you have an Apple device and a Play:One or Play:5 you can use AirPlay to play any audio playing on your device.
Exactly - that's exactly what you need. Except I'm using android, therefore you need chromecast. But of course, Google have their own smart chromecast enabled speaker that I'm sure works fine to stream anything.

Unlike Sonos....