Bandcamp not streaming thru Sonos

• 1 January 2017
  • 2 replies

Logged into Sonos and Bandcamp thru PC, but Bandcamp streams through PC, can't get it to stream through Sonos

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
I'm not familiar with the service, but perhaps a brief discussion of the framework can help you? I'm suggesting this simply because of how you worded your question: so if you know and have done this... then someone more familiar with the service may be able to help you.

The Sonos devices you have are not like typical speakers that play an audio signal pushed to them... they are "smart" wireless internet audio devices that operate based on what you tell them to do. They independently connect over your wifi to an audio source you direct them to and play the audio they retrieve. (Sometimes this could be your computer's audio library, or an independent audio source like Bandcamp or spotify...

In this case you need to be sure that the Sonos system can, independently, go and get your music from "Bandcamp". The fact that it plays on your computer means your computer is getting the audio... you need the Sonos system to go get it...

So you need to "add a music service" to the Sonos app, tell the system it is a Bandcamp service, provide your login credentials and then tell the Sonos system to go there to get audio...

hope this helps ~ and Happy 2017!

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2762/~/bandcamp-and-sonos#var_1
I am having a similar issue. I have created a Bandcamp account, added the music service using credentials, and authorized the music service successfully. However, I cannot search for artists in Bandcamp using the Sonos controller.