Audio streaming from Android

• 27 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I finally found a work around for playing music on my android phone on Sonos speakers.  I was dissatisfied with using the Sonos app because: 1) Sonos does not sort folders or artists alphabetically (making it extremely difficult to locate a particular artist among 600+); and 2) the Sonos equalizer is too simple (one knob for bass - one knob for treble). The solution is remarkably simple: install the  BubbleUPNP and cast your favorite android mp3 player app, podcast app, or other android audio stream.  I have seen numerous forum inquiries about this issue, but none of the responses have descibed this simple solution. 

I am so delighted that I can now play music from my phone to Sonos speakers with total ease.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

No rooting was necessary. I have an off-the-shelf Samsung S20 running the latest Android.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Cant get no satisfaction 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for sharing that tip - very useful!

I installed BubbleUPNP some years ago (before I had any Sonos), and - if I remember correctly - at the time the app required the Xposed Framework to work, and the Xposed Framework in turn required the Android device to be rooted. Were you able to play music from your Android device on Sonos via BubbleUPnP without rooting your device, or is rooting still necessary?