Audible problems after update 16/06/18

After yesterday's update, Audible tracks being played do not appear in the queue. Therefore you can't control playback, skip, chapter selection, etc. It was fine before this last update. Can this be solved by anyone?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Yes, likely a bug. Anyhow, if you start the playback within the Audible app, the audio book will subsequently show up in the Sonos Controller on the Now Playing screen as well.
Nope, nothing in now playing when an audio book is playing, hence the no controls problem.
You need to start the audio book from the Audible app beforehand.

Nope, doesn't work. Didn't have to to that before the update either. There is no connection between the sonos app and the audible app. Have found it works as before on play 5 but not on play 3.
As an interim solution, playing directly from Audible to Sonos doesn't work either? Deleting the Audible app, restarting your mobile device and reinstalling Audible from the resp. App store might help resolving that issue.
Thats not how audible works with sonos.
Read the following (and take a closer look at the image above):

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/audible-on-sonos
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Read the following (and take a closer look at the image above):

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/audible-on-sonos

I'm having the same issue. The above link and pic doesn't work. I had no issues before the update, now the audiobook in audible just doesn't show on the play screen so you have no control at all, except volume. Let's be clear - the book plays from where it left off but does not appear at all in the play screen. End of story. So the issue is a Sonos One. In the Android version of Audible there is no option to play directly to any other device.
[...] Let's be clear - the book plays from where it left off but does not appear at all in the play screen. End of story. So the issue is a Sonos One. In the Android version of Audible there is no option to play directly to any other device.
Yes, same for me. But I am able to select the ONE ( or any other Sonos speaker) in the Audible app and start the playback from there, whereupon the control options also reappear in the Sonos Controller. Weird.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
The issue has been accepted by Sonos engineers who are now seeking a resolution. This might mean another update before its fixed.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
You are right about accessing via the Audible app. You can only select your Sonos room speakers in the actual play screen. When this is done the book loads properly in the Sonos player as well. Still the issue with playing direct from Sonos though but I expect a fix soon.