Answered

Apple Podcasts App and Sonos

• 18 February 2018
  • 3 replies

Is there a way to keep podcasts synced across Apple's podcasts app and the Sonos app?

I listen to podcasts on my walk home from work via the Apple Podcasts app. When I get home I like to switch to Sonos, but the podcasts don't sync their progress so I always have to note the timecode in the Podcasts app and then scrub to that point in the Sonos app.
icon

Best answer by Yontsey 19 February 2018, 03:02

As far as I know, and I do what you mentioned daily, there is no way to keep them synced. This is one area Sonos sorely lacks. In a perfect world, we would get Overcast support soon.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

As far as I know, and I do what you mentioned daily, there is no way to keep them synced. This is one area Sonos sorely lacks. In a perfect world, we would get Overcast support soon.
If you subscribe to Spotify, I’ve found most of my podcasts there. The Spotify iOS app lets you switch between speaker, bluetooth headphone, and any Sonos device that you’ve authorized.
I will try that. Separate question...is there a way to change the playback speed through Sonos? I like to listen to x1.5 speed but I cannot find the ability to change. Help?!