Answered

apple podcast playlist

• 28 November 2017
  • 7 replies

Hi

I have just bought my first sonos products and I am just trying to work out how to play things. In my apple podcast app on my phone I have created a playlist that has my unplayed episodes,

Is there a way to play from the podcast app to the sonos system or does it have to go through the sonos app?

Is there a way to get that playlist into the sonos app?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Keith N 28 November 2017, 23:40

Hello, toorkenah. Thanks for reaching out to the Community and thanks for posting. When it comes to the Podcast app on iOS, whatever you download for playback is what you can bring to Sonos. For instance, I subscribe to 22 podcasts and they are all set to auto-download the newest episode and delete them after listening to them. because I should always have at least one downloaded episode, I know that when I go to Sonos (Browse> On My iPhone> Podcasts) I will find all of my downloaded episodes.

Notice all of the podcasts are organized by show and then order. Currently, we do not have the ability to make a "playlist", but you can queue up other episodes in Sonos. Of course, this is assuming you have downloaded them to the phone beforehand.

Let me know if there is anything I can clear up!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello, toorkenah. Thanks for reaching out to the Community and thanks for posting. When it comes to the Podcast app on iOS, whatever you download for playback is what you can bring to Sonos. For instance, I subscribe to 22 podcasts and they are all set to auto-download the newest episode and delete them after listening to them. because I should always have at least one downloaded episode, I know that when I go to Sonos (Browse> On My iPhone> Podcasts) I will find all of my downloaded episodes.

Notice all of the podcasts are organized by show and then order. Currently, we do not have the ability to make a "playlist", but you can queue up other episodes in Sonos. Of course, this is assuming you have downloaded them to the phone beforehand.

Let me know if there is anything I can clear up!
Thanks for the reply, I can see the podcasts, I was just hoping to use the existing play list (well in the new podcast app it is called a station...) some how, so that I can continue listening from the same point, and as I listen to podcasts over sonos, that they get automatically listed as played and cleared out.

Thanks
James
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Understood. I'll be happy to forward that feature request along to the team. Thanks for the feedback.
Agree with Toorkenah, podcasts are better displayed most recent to last, and you want to be able to pick them up from where you played last, So when you get home, you can switch from your headphones to your Sonos. I listen to 90% podcasts, 10% music. This is a pretty major flaw in Sonos. I wish I'd realized this before buying. -- Maybe you could enable the Apple Podcast App to play to Sonos.
I'm going to third this issue. I've spent the past 40 minutes trying to figure out anyway to get a podcast experience that makes sense, Sonos Favorites, Sonos Playlists, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, etc. Selfishly, I would like Apple Podcasts to be integrated, but working with Apple isn't always possible. I would like some solution that allows me to list Podcasts that I've subscribed to by recency. If not Apple Podcast, then a 3rd party (TuneIn, iHeart, etc.) that exists outside of Sonos so I am not managing my podcast list in 2+ locations.
Badge
I'm going to third this issue. I've spent the past 40 minutes trying to figure out anyway to get a podcast experience that makes sense, Sonos Favorites, Sonos Playlists, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, etc. Selfishly, I would like Apple Podcasts to be integrated, but working with Apple isn't always possible. I would like some solution that allows me to list Podcasts that I've subscribed to by recency. If not Apple Podcast, then a 3rd party (TuneIn, iHeart, etc.) that exists outside of Sonos so I am not managing my podcast list in 2+ locations.

+1000. sucks I can;t play download iTunes podcasts from my NAS
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Take a look at Pocket Casts. Good integration with Sonos.