Answered

Apple Music "Unable to browse music"

Userlevel 2

Hi All.

Since the Apple Music outage a few days ago I just get the message “Unable to browse music” when trying yo use Apple Music.  I have removed and reloaded the account, reauthorised it etc to no avail.  I have a family account and I did notice that my partners library was working fine which seemed odd.

Its becoming a pain now as not all of my set u is Airpaty compatible so fiddling about to link things isn't very user friendly !

I see this seems to have happened over the years but wondered if anyone had a resolution to this ?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 June 2022, 14:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

129 replies

Same issue. Ugh. So frustrated. Paid way too much money for our Sonos System to have it stop working with Apple….

Since Apple are the ones who have changed the servers that they have told Sonos to point to, perhaps sending Apple a note would be more appropriate? To my knowledge, there has been no change on the Sonos side of that equation. 

Badge +3

Same issue, just gave up and canceled my apple account and started using spotify for the short term. Don’t know who’s fault it is, Apple or Sonos but I’m not buying anything else from sonos again either, so glad I have mostly AMPs driving speakers which makes it easier for me to dump the sonos hardware.  Something this basic should not be this broken.

Just beware that if you are just using Spotify as a stop gap that Apple won’t keep hold of your library for you after a certain time. I don’t know what time that is but I used Spotify for 18 months and then had to start fresh with an empty library when I switched back again.

My Spotify account that had been dormant for years still had my library when I decided to use it again.

Same issue affects all my devices. Sonos will access Apple music via favorites button which then shows  playlists among favorites, which gives a backdoor to some of my music, but Sonos won’t communicate directly with Apple music library through the “magnifying glass” general search button.  

Same problem here. Although I am able to access my Apple Music songs & playlists through the “my sonos” tab

Any status update?  Is Apple or Sonos even communicating to fix this????

And same issue for me. Hope you guys are able to fix this issue soon. 
have a nice day everyone.

I have the same issue. Three or four days ago I noticed for the first time when I tried to play apple music directly from the sonos S2 app I get the message “unable to browse music”. I have tried reconnecting by reauthorizing acocunt, by removing account. By signing in and out of both apple music but all te no avail. Reading this thread makes me believe there is nothing I can do from my end to fix the issue. It is either with apple or sonos or both. Please consider this a bug that needs to be fixed soon.

same here...pleeeeeease get it sorted asap

Add me to the list of frustrated users experiencing this same issue within the last several days.  Have tried communicating the problem to Sonos via support chat, email, and a feedback survey.  Hopefully they are addressing this and will resolve soon.

Same issue as well.  Have tried every recommendation I could find, but nothing works.  Tedious!

Same for us, we have reauthorized, restarted, removed and reinstalled, all to no avail.  Started after the update to the app………..SONOS please patch this!

OK, I think I found a way to fix this.  Go into your STAR section (Recently played) and choose one of your apple playlists from there.  It played for me.  Then I went back into Music, chose Apple Music and it is all there again.  Hope it works for all of you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

It works again,  I have only used the app for a few minutes, but the app now works like a dream, and I think the sound quality has also been given a big boost.

I was considering terminating my Appel Music, but I will now wait and see.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Does not work here. Problem started Thursday! The silence and inaction from Sonos is inexcusable. Anyone buying their products is out of their mind. I am returning my Sonos that I can. It’s pretty outrageous!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Does not work here. Problem started Thursday! The silence and inaction from Sonos is inexcusable. Anyone buying their products is out of their mind. I am returning my Sonos that I can. It’s pretty outrageous!

Try shutting down the S2 app (but perhaps you are not useing the S2 app ?) and restarting the app again, I think you will be surprised when it starts up again, layout and soundwise

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, not using S2 app. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi, not using S2 app. 

Ok this is then the problem, because the S2 app now works with a new Apple  layout and also streams / plays with an excellent sound quality.

Hi, not using S2 app. 

Your online account says you have a Play:5 (gen1) and a Play:3, why on earth would you return any products to Sonos, particularly as this is just an Apple issue anyway?…it’s their music service plugin and it will more-likely be down to Apple to fix this one. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

This is 100% a Sonos issue. Sonos does not even have the decency to keep their customers informed, why would you give business to a company like that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

According to my app telemetry, the Apple SMAPI endpoint for Browse is return a http 500 error for a small percentage of customers. This is 100% Apple’s problem to fix, likely related to the new version they rolled recently which had much needed new features.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This is 100% a Sonos issue. Sonos does not even have the decency to keep their customers informed, why would you give business to a company like that?

Sonos’ only error is to not list Apple Music as having a problem on their status.sonos.com - not much more they can do other than that. The other ~80 supported services all seem fine (well except for Amazon which has been in a poor state for a while now).

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Sounds like a long wait before Sonos is anything but an expensive paper weight!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

OK, I think I found a way to fix this.  Go into your STAR section (Recently played) and choose one of your apple playlists from there.  It played for me.  Then I went back into Music, chose Apple Music and it is all there again.  Hope it works for all of you!

Does not work for me doing this

It has been my experience that Apple offers a beta period during which application developers can work with proposed Apple changes. While this is great, just prior to Apple releasing their “new improved”, Apple might make a late change, giving developers no notice or time to react, and this change might break the 3rd party App, Of course the Apple products will probably all work. This results in a clamor such as we are reading through here where the 3rd party is accused of being derelict, stupid, etc. In the public’s mindset, Apple never does anything wrong. 3rd parties waste a lot of time just keeping out from under Apple, rather than improving and developing their own unique products.