Answered

Apple Music "Unable to browse music"

Userlevel 2

Hi All.

Since the Apple Music outage a few days ago I just get the message “Unable to browse music” when trying yo use Apple Music.  I have removed and reloaded the account, reauthorised it etc to no avail.  I have a family account and I did notice that my partners library was working fine which seemed odd.

Its becoming a pain now as not all of my set u is Airpaty compatible so fiddling about to link things isn't very user friendly !

I see this seems to have happened over the years but wondered if anyone had a resolution to this ?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 June 2022, 14:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

129 replies

Hola Andy!

Same  problem  here,  i have a 7 sonos system ( 4 sonos connect , 2 sonos amp, 1 sonos port) everything  was working  fine 2 days ago but  yesterday  just “Unable to browse music” from the sonos app on  the iphones and the PC.

i all ready  try  to:
 sync  different apple accounts.

turn  off  everything and  turn it  back on.
Even use a diferent  internet  connection.

the In-line funtion ( on the sonos connect)  works  fine. i am using  that  to  run my playlist  from my  tablet… to all the rooms.

Userlevel 1

Can we get a resolution to this issue?

I am going to submit the diagnostic of my system tomorrow, and try to contact support tomorrow or Monday… 

Userlevel 1

We have the exact same problem, one user cannot browse their Apple music on Sonos.

Ditto.   Add a tick mark next to the issue to count another sufferer….  :(

Same issue here. Neither iPad nor iPhone will let me browse Apple Music on Sonos. All other streaming services are working fine, and Apple Music is working fine outside of Sonos. I text chatted with support, and the tech really tried to figure it out, but to no avail. He ultimately wanted me to try to reconfigure my home wifi router. Not sure what purpose that would serve since all the other services are working fine. I’m still hoping for someone to figure this out and share their success story! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

There has been a great change with Apple Music from within SONOS in the last days, during the last days of May 2022. At least in my SONOS app on iOS/iPadOS. Now the Apple Music section within the SONOS app looks more like the native Apple Music app. Beside the menus (Artists, Albums, Songs, etc.) that had been always available, now the SONOS app has album covers following the menus, very similar to the native Music app, with selected albums in different categories.

same issue here

Same issue (“Unable to browse music”) when I click on Apple Music service within the Sonos iOS app, started within the past couple of days. Apple Music app works fine. I can search for an artist/song/playlist in Sonos app and select it with success from the Apple Music service, but browsing is broken. I have unplugged all speakers, removed Apple Music service, uninstalled Sonos app, reconnected Apple Music service connection — nothing has fixed the browse issue. 

Userlevel 1

I get “Unable to browse music” when I click on Apple Music service within the Sonos iOS app.

Apple Music works fine as a standalone.

same here --Unable to browse music ---just does not work… where is Sonos Support…???????

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Exactly the same here. Using Sonos family and the other two accounts work fine. I thought it might be the account to set up a whole new one and still the same issue. I have reset my WiFi, reset the Sonos system, removed the account and re added. Reauthorised and still nothing. Glad to know it’s not just me! I spoke to Sonos support and they said it was all showing connected ok. They asked me to do the above which I did and still nothing! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Sorry just to add voice control and search works ok. When I load content using voice it will play and then the history in the app does not show the album artwork and just the stock image. 

Userlevel 1

Same issue here. After going through all the same above troubleshooting steps myself I called Sonos support on Thursday and they said they’re aware there is something going on, and they were not able to solve the same issue for anyone else. The status page shows no issue with Apple Music which is making me wonder if anyone is actually working on fixing it...

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello all! I’ve had an issue of not being able to look at my Apple library for 2 weeks. This new issue “unable to browse” for the last 3 days.

I spoke to Sonos support on the phone twice - no resolution. He said that it’s a common issue and Sonos is currently trying to work with Apple for a resolution…. Not sure if that was true or not. He had no other information or an ETA.

I also spoke to Apple they made sure nothing was wrong with my account. 

I’m also having the same issue here with Apple Music “unable to browse”. Sonos support, get to work!

Same issue 😏

Same issue, just gave up and canceled my apple account and started using spotify for the short term. Don’t know who’s fault it is, Apple or Sonos but I’m not buying anything else from sonos again either, so glad I have mostly AMPs driving speakers which makes it easier for me to dump the sonos hardware.  Something this basic should not be this broken.

Userlevel 1

Hi All.

Since the Apple Music outage a few days ago I just get the message “Unable to browse music” when trying yo use Apple Music.  I have removed and reloaded the account, reauthorised it etc to no avail.  I have a family account and I did notice that my partners library was working fine which seemed odd.

Its becoming a pain now as not all of my set u is Airpaty compatible so fiddling about to link things isn't very user friendly !

I see this seems to have happened over the years but wondered if anyone had a resolution to this ?

Like wise was working fine the other day, i have tried everything, from rebooting, to uninstalling to almost throwing my phone!! :(  you can search and find artist or albums & still play but it just seems to be affecting your own collections or playlists etc!! so frustrating and i cant see anyone acknowledging the issue from either sonos or itunes!! 

same issue here,  I have rebooted, reauthorized,  all to no avail.  Sonos get on this now!!  

Userlevel 1

SONOS PLEASE SORT OUT ASAP!!! 😭😤

Yes this is impacting us as well.  I’ve done all the same steps.  How can I connect Sonos to my Apple Music account?  

Same issue, started June 2nd. But although I can’t browse Apple Music on any of my Sonos devices, I can search Apple Music and play songs from Apple Music. Just cannot browse. Contacted Sonos Support as well and nothing helped (reauth, removing and adding service, restarting sonos speakers, restarting modem/router). May be related to the most recent Sonos app updates.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I wonder if it’s related to the Apple Music updated interface for Sonos. It seems some are fine and some are not. I wonder if it’s Apple Music family accounts that are affected? 

Same issue here. Works fine on mine but my wife gets “unable to browse music” when going into Apple Music. She can access my Apple Music playlists without issue on her phone through the Sonos app. @Sonos please fix quickly!