Answered

Apple Music search issue

• 27 January 2020
  • 17 replies

Hi all,

I noticed that Apple Music playlists could not be found through the iOS app search. Artists, albums and all other search categories work fine. The playlist search worked well a week or so ago. 

Have you faced the same issue? Any tips?

Cheers,
K

icon

Best answer by Jeff S 7 February 2020, 16:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Same issue here. 

I submitted a diagnostic - confirmation # is 1462751844. 

Still no sign of this problem being fixed. Is there anyway to escalate the issue. Significantly reduces the benefit of owning Sonos equipment. Very frustrating. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Its an Apple issue: they supply all their content to the Sonos app through their SMAPI service, which per the other thread, keeps getting broken by Apple. The good news is that Apple have a history of eventually fixing their problems.

I have also checked with my neighbour who has the same issue! It is definitely a Sonos issue as all activity playlists can be viewed and played through the Apple Music app directly. 

Apple Music Activity Playlists not available from ‘browse’ on Sonos 1 app either but such playlists listed in ‘Resents’ still work. Activity apps are still there in Apple’s ‘Music’ app!  It’s it an Apple or Sonos issue and when will it be fixed? Thanks

Hi, I have submitted my diagnostics - number 1090078363. Apple Music activity playlists are still not showing under the new updates Sonos S2 controller App. They were always working fine before. I am based in the UK

Badge

Hi all,

I noticed that Apple Music playlists could not be found through the iOS app search. Artists, albums and all other search categories work fine. The playlist search worked well a week or so ago. 

Have you faced the same issue? Any tips?

Cheers,
K

Please help as still have no activity playlists 

Please see the other thread here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/apple-music-curated-playlists-not-showing-up-in-search-results-6836444

We're still seeing this behavior. I've submitted a diagnostic. Confirmation number 942135886. Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi everyone, it looks like this issue should now be fixed, but if you’re still having troubles send a diagnostic report and reply with the number, I’ll take a look for you.

Note the post directly before yours. 

same issue, started on he weekend , can’t see any  of the essentials playlists or next steps. can find them in apple music search outside of the SONOS app , 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi folks,

We’re currently investigating this issue. I’ll update this thread when we have more to share. In the meantime, you can use the Apple Music app to find the curated playlist, then add it to “My Music” and it should show up in Sonos under My Music > Playlists > Apple Playlists.

I am having the same issue. Starting this past weekend, maybe. 

Same here.

Hi Duddsy,

Yep, same here, only Apple original playlists are affected. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Kitos,

I think that I’m having the same issue also. When I use the playlist search function within the Sonos app I’m no longer getting the results that I used to. Specifically it seems like all of the Apple curated playlists (ie essentials, next steps, etc) are missing. There are however, playlists from what looks to be other Apple Music users.

Is this your experience?

Cheers,

Duddsy