Answered

Apple Music search issue

• 27 January 2020
  • 10 replies

Hi all,

I noticed that Apple Music playlists could not be found through the iOS app search. Artists, albums and all other search categories work fine. The playlist search worked well a week or so ago. 

Have you faced the same issue? Any tips?

Cheers,
K

icon

Best answer by Jeff S 7 February 2020, 16:39

Hi everyone, it looks like this issue should now be fixed, but if you’re still having troubles send a diagnostic report and reply with the number, I’ll take a look for you.

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Kitos,

I think that I’m having the same issue also. When I use the playlist search function within the Sonos app I’m no longer getting the results that I used to. Specifically it seems like all of the Apple curated playlists (ie essentials, next steps, etc) are missing. There are however, playlists from what looks to be other Apple Music users.

Is this your experience?

Cheers,

Duddsy

Hi Duddsy,

Yep, same here, only Apple original playlists are affected. 

Same here.

I am having the same issue. Starting this past weekend, maybe. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi folks,

We’re currently investigating this issue. I’ll update this thread when we have more to share. In the meantime, you can use the Apple Music app to find the curated playlist, then add it to “My Music” and it should show up in Sonos under My Music > Playlists > Apple Playlists.

same issue, started on he weekend , can’t see any  of the essentials playlists or next steps. can find them in apple music search outside of the SONOS app , 

Note the post directly before yours. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi everyone, it looks like this issue should now be fixed, but if you’re still having troubles send a diagnostic report and reply with the number, I’ll take a look for you.

We're still seeing this behavior. I've submitted a diagnostic. Confirmation number 942135886. Thank you. 

Please see the other thread here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/apple-music-curated-playlists-not-showing-up-in-search-results-6836444