Apple Music "Recently Updated" is not updating on the Sonos App !!

Very frustrating. Any suggestions to getting this to work right...

22 replies

sorry, I meant "Recently ADDED" in Apple Music is not translation over to the Sonos App
Sonos - any IDEAS ? Apple Music additions are not showing on "Recently Added" in the Sonos / Apple Music/My Music spot.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, adhadwal. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Are you still having problems with Apple Music and "Recently Added"? Does this happen on all controllers you use for Sonos? Would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and replying with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end?

Thanks!
Keith - thank you. Yes, on all 11 controllers. Ive submitted the diagnostic. THe number is
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the fresh diagnostic report. Could you tell me a little more about your local network? I see that most of your Sonos system is plugged into the network via Ethernet. What is the make and model of the router you are using? Assuming all these devices are plugged into a switch, could you tell me the make and model of the switch?

Thanks again!
Hi -- yes, they are all hardwired via ethernet. I am using an Apple Airport Extreme Router (updated software), than then powers a 2 year old CISCO SG200-26P Ethernet PoE Switch (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/switches/sg200-26p-26-port-gigabit-poe-smart-switch/model.html)
about 4 of the 11 Connect boxes are connected to smaller Cisco switches that are in different rooms, but they all connect with the master CISCO SG200-26P switch from an architecture perspective, over Ethernet running across the house
Might be worth providing all of the other cisco switch information to him, since your setup is a bit more complex than most, and one of the switches might be on the "unsupported" list, due to issues.
I can if he needs it. Although all switches are just two years old, this issue with Apple Music just started in the last few months, and it is the same issue on the 7 connects on the main 26 port Cisco router.
Have you updated the firmware on any of the routers in the last few months? In my opinion, it's better to give a troubleshooter more information in order to get the answer, rather than having to wait for the ultimate back and forth as they attempt to pry information out of me that I think isn't relevant, but apparently is essential to them.

But it's up to you. Was just a suggestion, trying to get you an appropriate answer more quickly. It may not make a difference.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks, adhadwal. Seeing how your network is a bit more robust than an average home network, I would recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. Updates on the Sonos Controller come from the service itself and relies heavily on the network to update the Sonos controller. Additionally, they can work with you over a remote session to check connectivity and latency along SonosNet.
I feel like I'm having the same problem - over the last day or so, when I add something new to my Apple Music library (either on iTunes or on my iMac) it doesn't sync through to Sonos, just like the issue we experienced a month or so ago. For example, I added a track to my library this morning, manually updated iCloud Music Library, but it still doesn't show under My Music in the Apple Music section of Sonos Controller, whether I access the controller on desktop or via an iOS device.

It shows in my iTunes library, and synchronises to all my other Apple devices (so iCloud Music Library is working ok) but won't show up in the Sonos app, either in Recently Added or if I look under Artist/Album etc. It is a very similar symptom to the issue we had a month or so ago, although admittedly could be something completely different! I've tried removing Apple Music from Sonos Controller and then re-adding it, but still no luck. I have run a diagnostic - ref 8440102. Thanks.
I’ve started having this issue today also. Super annoying do we have a fix for this yet?
Badge +1
Anyone here managed to get a fix for this?0
Im in the same boat ! Happened two days ago nothing downloads and unable to browse Apple Music from Sonos and select any music. I have a ticket in but still waiting to hear from Sonos folk
Im in the same boat ! Happened two days ago nothing downloads and unable to browse Apple Music from Sonos and select any music. I have a ticket in but still waiting to hear from Sonos folk So if there is as many folk with similar issues and over such a long period of time there must be a fix right? Amazon music works fine on my set up and as mentioned apple went bad 11 two days ago , it has to be a cloud sync issue , hope we get a fix, similar reason why I dumped all the alexa speakers for performance frustrating but hope we hear something soon
Badge +1
Yes clearly a cloud sync issue. Did yours happen after 9.1 Sonos update?
Yes clearly a cloud sync issue. Did yours happen after 9.1 Sonos update? maybe I’m not sure? I can pull Apple Music and have visibility to all my iTunes from c drive on desktop but any music I have on icloud(Apple Music) can’t be accessed same as playlists created won’t pull over! Frustrating and to be fair the first real issue with Sonos for me but still a hassle
Badge +1
Yes. All along Sonos working well for me.
Him let me see if mine is updating
Badge +1
No what I mean is now mine is not working now since a couple of days back. The image u cab see are empty old deleted albums which u gonib will show u unable to browse music. When did yours start to happen?
No what I mean is now mine is not working now since a couple of days back. The image u cab see are empty old deleted albums which u gonib will show u unable to browse music. When did yours start to happen? two days back so similar issues

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings