Answered

Apple Music reauthorize

I recently reset my Apple Music password and now Sonos won't connect to my Apple Music account. The setup on the Sonos App keeps saying that Apple can be played but when I click on the Apple icon I get a message that the account needs to be reauthorized. Having tried this repeated timed and also removing the Apple service, waiting 10 minutes and reinstalling, the Music service still cannot be browsed. Any suggestion please?

icon

Best answer by FastMike 15 August 2022, 11:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Maybe try signing-out of ‘Media & Purchases’ aswell as ‘Apple Music’ within the iOS device settings and then sign back into both again. 

Then go onto reauthorise the Apple Music Service in the Sonos App.

See if that might fix it.

Hi Ken. I have an Android phone and can't find the Media & Purchases app to turn off. Is there another way around this? Thanks for your help

Hi Ken. I have an Android phone and can't find the Media & Purchases app to turn off. Is there another way around this? Thanks for your help

Not that I’m aware - the fix mentioned earlier was for an Apple iOS device, so sorry 🙏 about that.

I understand from reading other threads here in the community that Apple/Sonos are apparently aware of the issue for some user accounts associated with Android devices, so hopefully a fix may pop along at some point - but it’s likely to be an Apple fix that’s needed, rather than Sonos. 

My thoughts in the meantime are to maybe contact Apple support to see if they can perhaps assist you. (Nothing ventured etc…)

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have just managed to resolve this issue with technical support as a workaround until the permanent fix is deployed and the steps are as follows:

Using an iOS Device from a Friend, Relative or Neighbour.

1. Connect their device to your Wi-Fi network.
  2. Download the Sonos App
  3. Download Apple Music (if not already downloaded)
  4. On the iOS Device click Settings > Their Apple ID > Media & Purchases > Sign Out
  5. Launch the Sonos App
  6. Click Join Existing System
  7. Login to your Sonos ID
  8. Click on Apple Music in the Sonos App
  9. Click Re-authiorise
  10. Follow the journey in Apple Music.
  11. On the iOS Device click Settings > Their Apple ID > Media & Purchases > Sign Out

Then your Friend, Relative or Neighbour can sign back into Media & Purchases. Finally uninstall the Sonos App

Thanks Mike. Having effectively reinstalled Apple Music via this workaround, is Sonos able to access my library  of music rather than the person with the iPhone?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Mike. Having effectively reinstalled Apple Music via this workaround, is Sonos able to access my library  of music rather than the person with the iPhone?

Hi Paul,

I've been able to successfully access my Apple music library on my android phone, after following these steps and the iPhone had no record of being connected to my speaker

Badge +2

Hi

Is there any other background regarding this issue documented by Sonos? my ask is whether this will ever work on Android or are they working on a solution either Apple or Sonos.

I tried using the Windows app, didn’t work on there either :-(

Thanks

Hi

Is there any other background regarding this issue documented by Sonos? my ask is whether this will ever work on Android or are they working on a solution either Apple or Sonos.

I tried using the Windows app, didn’t work on there either :-(

Thanks

I understand this is a fix on Android devices that needs to be done by Apple, but a workaround is to borrow a friends/relatives iOS device and setup the service using that, after which it will then work and continue to work on Android, or wait until Apple have fixed it at their end.

Hey,

Open the Apple Music app or Apple TV app. In the menu bar, choose Account and make sure that you're signed in with your Apple ID. Choose Account > Authorizations, then choose Authorize This Computer or Deauthorize This Computer. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.

Cheers

I have just managed to resolve this issue with technical support as a workaround until the permanent fix is deployed and the steps are as follows:

Using an iOS Device from a Friend, Relative or Neighbour.

1. Connect their device to your Wi-Fi network.
  2. Download the Sonos App
  3. Download Apple Music (if not already downloaded)
  4. On the iOS Device click Settings > Their Apple ID > Media & Purchases > Sign Out
  5. Launch the Sonos App
  6. Click Join Existing System
  7. Login to your Sonos ID
  8. Click on Apple Music in the Sonos App
  9. Click Re-authiorise
  10. Follow the journey in Apple Music.
  11. On the iOS Device click Settings > Their Apple ID > Media & Purchases > Sign Out

Then your Friend, Relative or Neighbour can sign back into Media & Purchases. Finally uninstall the Sonos App

It's a problem on Android devices as well! For over a year already! Please fix it soon!

Hey,

Open the Apple Music app or Apple TV app. In the menu bar, choose Account and make sure that you're signed in with your Apple ID. Choose Account > Authorizations, then choose Authorize This Computer or Deauthorize This Computer. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.

Cheers

This is the solution for that problem.