Answered

Apple Music - uploaded tracks problem

• 9 December 2020
  • 17 replies

Badge

I’ve added Apple Music to the Music services in the Sonos app but in some headings in My Music such as albums I get the dreaded message “we’ve run into a problem”. This is for my own Music that I’ve downloaded to Apple Music. Strangely most songs show under Songs, with some greyed out, but no albums show and I get the error message.  Playlists direct from Apple Music display and play ok. I’ve tried re-authorising Apple Music, removing it and restarting the iPhone as per other posts on this. None works. I’ve contacted both Sonos and Apple. Each blames the other and can’t offer a solution. It happens on all devices - iOS, macOS and Windows. 

Has anyone got any other solutions please? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Simon B 17 December 2020, 23:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @User197428, thanks for the update. After trying some troubleshooting steps and diagnostics and the issue persists, we’ll take it further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may request remote session access to your device controller So that they can give additional steps and options about this issue. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Badge

I’ve still got the problem after a month. Artists and  albums won’t show for Apple Music but other info does. I’ve deleted and re-entered my account but no change 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @User197428, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know that you have the same issue with the original poster. let me help you with this. I’m also wondering if this is an account issue since other accounts are working fine with Sonos. Let’s hope for any further findings from Apple. When did it start happening? Have you made any changes before this incident?

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. I have been in contact with Apple Support for over a month and the issue has been escalated to their Engineers, but still to no avail. I have tried everything you’ve suggested. Funnily enough, if I switch to my wife or child’s Apple Music account within the Sonos app, their account works perfectly fine. As soon as I switch back to my account, I get the “we’ve run into a problem” error message. And this behaviour can be replicated on all my devices (iPhone, iPad and Mac).

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello there @User197428, You’re Welcome. I sent a private message to you regarding the matter. 

Keep me in the know with the advice above. We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @User197428, thanks for the quick update. Sorry for what happened that you’ve contacted already our phone support and the issue persists. I’ll send you a private message for other details about this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Thanks. However, I phoned last week and your adviser tried but eventually could not help with a solution and ended up saying it must be Apple’s fault. I then phoned Apple - they say it is Sonos! I’m stuck in the middle

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @User197428, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. It’s clear that you’ve tried most of the troubleshooting steps that is necessary. For further assistance, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They will request a screen share or remote access to your device controllers that you’re using to check what is causing this issue on your Apple Music and provide additional steps and options to resolve this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

I seem to have lost any Sonos support in this thread 🤷🏼

Badge

I refreshed the Apple iCloud music library on my Mac and now some, a minority, albums show under recently added in the Sonos app.  But no albums show under Albums in the Sonos app for the Apple Music service and no artists! 

Badge

I’ve re synced my library and it’s still the same

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @User197428, thanks for the update and the information that you gave, If it persists after updating your library, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Badge

Hi. The problem exists on all devices, including macOS, iPadOS, iOS and Windows 10 systems. All operating states and apps are up to date. My Apple Music library is also up to date but I’ll do it again

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @User197428, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking the report, it shows that your Apple Music is added successfully to your Sonos system. I’ll ask some questions to further check on this issue. 

• Have you tried it on another device controller where you have the Sonos App if the same issue occurs?
  • Have you tried to update your Apple music library and playlists to check if it will still give you the error message?

Answers to these questions will help us check further on this issue

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Hi. Thanks for the reply. My diagnostic number is 10204702

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @User197428, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Apple Music service on Sonos not working, so that we can have a better look at the current status of your Sonos and music service system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.