Answered

Apple music Playlists not appearing in search results as the did before

• 26 January 2020
  • 23 replies

In the past few days I cannot get results when I search for an artist under Playlists.

Ex: Peter Gabriel under Playlist used to give me results like “Peter Gabriel essentiels...” and many more now I get one result.

Same is happening on iphone, ipad and windows.

icon

Best answer by Jeff S 7 February 2020, 16:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

23 replies

Signed in to the community to post about having the same issue. Just like you though I was searching for “Alabama Shakes” with the search field pulling it’s results from Apple Music; the “Playlists” tab yields no results where in the past you would see the “Alabama Shakes Essentials” playlists that Apple Music had compiled. Not sure if this is an Apple Music issue or a Sonos issue. 

Userlevel 1

Hi guys,

Same issue here. I don’t seem to get any of the Apple Music curated playlists showing up in search results. I do get some results, as you mention, but they seem to be playlists created by private Apple Music users.

Since Sonos hasn’t made any changes, have you checked with Apple? Sonos would only display what Apple sends to them. 

I am having the same issue and the problem is not with apple.  If you search in playlist for “Apple Music” then the playlists are there albeit in a random order and you can easily play from them, they are just not showing up in specific search results...

The playlists still show up in my recently played section but nothing happens when I click them.

Same problem here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi folks, we’re currently investigating an issue causing Apple’s curated playlists to not show in searches. I’ll update this thread when we have more to share. In the meantime you can get access to those playlists by adding them to “my music” in the Apple Music app. Then you can find them in the Sonos app under My Music > Playlists > Apple Playlists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Good news, this issue should now be resolved. Please give it a try and send along a diagnostic report if you’re still running into issues.

Badge

Good news, this issue should now be resolved. Please give it a try and send along a diagnostic report if you’re still running into issues.

I’m still having issues, curator playlists are not there. 

So, if you sent along a diagnostic, as requested, you should post the number here.

Badge

Diagnostic Number: 1119520663

Badge

So, if you sent along a diagnostic, as requested, you should post the number here.

So what happens now? ...3 days from providing this information and nothing? 

Badge

Still having issues, please can you assist?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Works for me, in S1 and S2 apps on PC:

Badge +20

A reboot (power cycle) of your router may work wonders.

Badge

Works for me, in S1 and S2 apps on PC:

That’s good for you. It doesn’t work for me though, and I’m on S2. 

Badge

I have tried this and unfortunately has t worked wonders. Really frustrated that it’s not working. 

Badge +20

I have tried this and unfortunately has t worked wonders. Really frustrated that it’s not working. 

You could remove Apple Music and add it back, worth a try.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I see that you are in the UK, I supposed that could make a difference. Apple probably do some locale-specific content which could affect this. It wont be a translation issue, as the Sonos API only supports en-US and not en-GB.

What platform are you using? There is a known issue with Search on Android, but I thought that was S1-only.

Also are the other search categories working ok for you with Apple Music?

Badge

You could remove Apple Music and add it back, worth a try.

Thank you, have done this as well to no avail. 

Badge +20

Best to telephone Sonos as it will be quicker than waiting for a response on the forum. 

Edit… I am in the UK and Apple Music is working for me

Badge

I see that you are in the UK, I supposed that could make a difference. Apple probably do some locale-specific content which could affect this. It wont be a translation issue, as the Sonos API only supports en-US and not en-GB.

What platform are you using? There is a known issue with Search on Android, but I thought that was S1-only.

Also are the other search categories working ok for you with Apple Music?

Appreciate you getting back to me. As far as I can see everything else is working as normal other than my Alexa dot no longer accepting volume control demands. Using the latest iOS on an iPhone X and have S2 controller. 

Thanks

Daniel. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’m out of ideas on this one, unless someone can repro this issue with my app. Sonos Support need to figure this one out.