Question

Apple Music Playlist not Updating

• 23 February 2018
  • 20 replies

The apple playlist in Sonos is not updating. I'm a long time Sonos customer and haven't encountered this before. I've tried removing and adding the music service 3 times. I've tried editing playlists, adding new playlists to apple music to see if that sparks a result but not luck. I've removed any apple favorites in Sonos, all songs in queues etc... all in an effort to clean it out so it would pull in the data and no luck. I've submitted the diagnostics code: 1602777014. As a result its made the system rather useless to me. I own 17 different Sonos Products. Play 3's, Bar and amps.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Have you tried resetting your router? Just in case are you running the latest version of the Sonos app?

Cheers!
Yes to both.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Seems to me that there is some kind of Sonos server that syncs this and it gets behind or drops at times. Sometimes it takes hours to replicate into Sonos and other times even next day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Well I say that ... and I just edited an Apple Music playlists. Went into Sonos and it immediately updated just now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I had a while back followed steps someone said would fix but I was skeptical as it involved iTunes. Maybe it did help if yours isn't doing it right now.

Here is what I did
https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/apple-music-newly-added-playlist-do-not-show-up-6733827
Hi Chris just tried all of that including the removing the service again and nothing. I'm stumped, I don't understand how removing the service and adding it back doesn't atleast pick up new play list - I can see some kind of error or cache problem tied to existing ones but not new ones seems strange. (the new ones are syncing across all of my apple devises (iphone, mac and ipad)
Userlevel 7
Hi Chris just tried all of that including the removing the service again and nothing. I'm stumped, I don't understand how removing the service and adding it back doesn't atleast pick up new play list - I can see some kind of error or cache problem tied to existing ones but not new ones seems strange. (the new ones are syncing across all of my apple devises (iphone, mac and ipad)

Question(s): _At this point it's time to consider the illogical :?

You said the new ones are syncing across all your Apple devices. What device are you using now? Also, do you have other users on the device you're own with there own ID and have you changed something in your Apple Music account?

Just throwing some things out to consider...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It didn’t work for me immediately and made sure iCloud for Apple Music on phone enabled. It does seem to be working now for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
But I honestly don’t know why
I've been trying on my iPhoneX and my MacBook Air. (both have updated sonos controller)
We had two Apple Id's connected. I removed them both. I've now tried re-adding and removing one of them 5 times now.
I'm not seeing any sync of playlists - addition of new playlist, editing of existing playlist (both adding and deleting tracks).
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No mattter what others say I find iTunes and iCloud horribly complicated in making do anything right.
Userlevel 7
Ok this might explain things if you haven't done it already. Just showed up on my iPhone X. Take a look at the second bullet point.

PS
There may be an update for OSX. Not home now so I can't check.
Thanks - I did the OS update and still no luck.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I personally think it has something to do with iCloud settings on phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Have you tried toggling the iCloud music under the Music settings on phone
Userlevel 7
Have you tried toggling the iCloud music under the Music settings on phone

Chris has a point. After an update iCloud sometimes requires the user to exist and sign in again.
It worked! The toggle worked. Thank you - you guys rock!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
So it’s really an Apple Music not replicating to cloud issue not a Sonos issue.
Seems like it, strange as I've never had that issue before (been a sonos customer since 2012 and started using apple music the moment sonos supported). Glad it worked out and appreciate the help.