Apple Music "My Music" not updating

• 26 January 2016
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I've deleted the music from "My Music" in order to clean up artwork, tags, etc. This has properly cleared "My Music" on my Apple Music iOS apps, etc. However, while the music files do not show up now on SONOS in the "My Music" section of Apple Music, the list of Artists does, and the list of Albums does. Both lists are exactly as they were before I deleted the music, but when you select them, they are empty with the message "Unable to browse music". It's been a week and it still remains like this. I have also tried to log out and back in to Apple Music through the SONOS app, still shows up like this. Any suggestions to properly clear up "My Music"?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Actually tried the same with Google Play Music's "My Library", same result. I delete a song from the library, but the Artist still shows up in the Artist list, the Album still shows up with the Album list, but select either one of these options, and it shows up empty with the message "No selections are available". Signing out and then back in to the app via SONOS does not solve this either. And just like either Apple Music that I describe above, in the iOS app and via the web player, the artist and album corresponding to the song I deleted no longer show up, as should be the case. Is SONOS having a problem with not clearing indexed artists and albums from online libraries once the song or songs associated with them is deleted?
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
This issue I raised nearly three weeks ago is still a problem. Support suggested I reset my library again, and log out of Apple Music from sonos and log back in. Still no luck, and now that I have re-added "My Music" to Apple Music, my artists in "My Music" along with albums are a complete mess, still nothing is deleted, and now for example with an album with old tag name and new updated tag name, in both the OSX and iOS Apple Music, only the updated tag name shows up, but through SONOS I have both show up, and I now have duplicate songs, showing up on each version of the album.
There is clearly something wrong with the way SONOS is indexing the Apple Music "My Library". On the other hand, despite the lack of folder support for playlists in Spotify through SONOS, at least changes to one's Spotify library are quickly and accurately reflected in SONOS.
Has no else had these problems with Apple Music, and if so, did anything work? And as I've already said, I've already reset my iCloud Library many times, given it days to properly sync, and I have already logged out of Apple Music and back in many times in the SONOS controller.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there, thank you for the feedback. This is an issue that we are currently aware of, are investigating, and hope to have found a resolution for very soon. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Same problem here. I added a playlist on Apple Music on my iPhone, but it refuses to show up on the Sonos under Apple Music anywhere. All I get are "No selections are available". Tried signing out and signing in. No help. Not cool.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Same problem here. I added a playlist on Apple Music on my iPhone, but it refuses to show up on the Sonos under Apple Music anywhere. All I get are "No selections are available". Tried signing out and signing in. No help. Not cool.

Hi Ray_20,

Normally Apple Music playlists should show up in Sonos under the Apple Music menu for your music. I'd like to see a diagnostic report from your system to understand why you don't see the playlist. Please submit a report and reply with the confirmation number. Here's how to submit reports.
Userlevel 2
I am experiencing exactly the same problem as described in the first comment. Copy/pasting here...

I've deleted the music from "My Music" in order to clean up artwork, tags, etc. This has properly cleared "My Music" on my Apple Music iOS apps, etc. However, while the music files do not show up now on SONOS in the "My Music" section of Apple Music, the list of Artists does, and the list of Albums does. Both lists are exactly as they were before I deleted the music, but when you select them, they are empty with the message "Unable to browse music". It's been a week and it still remains like this. I have also tried to log out and back in to Apple Music through the SONOS app, still shows up like this. Any suggestions to properly clear up "My Music"?

Has any solution been found to this? I've uninstalled/reinstalled Apple Music, toggled the iCloud Music Library, etc. No problems for the Apple Music app, but Sonos is still showing very old albums with empty folders.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Could you reboot your Sonos system, you might want to give your router a reboot too. See if the issue is still going on. If so please submit a diagnostic.
I experienced the same problem too. I found it bothersome. Luckily, I figured out how to clean Apple Music songs (Along with 'artist' and 'albums') from Sonos on iPhone. It was easy. What I did was I downloaded the song again and played it over my sonos speakers. While the song was playing I then deleted it. Now it's off my library for good and my sonos library looks cleaner.

I broke down what I did in ten steps. Hope this helps!

Step 1.) Open Apple Music app

Step 2.) Search for the album/song you want to clean from your sonos app library.

Step 3.) Add the album/song to the library and I recommend downloading it. (It worked for me). Wait for it to finish downloading.

Step 4.) Now open the Sonos app.

Step 5.) Go to your apple music library and click on 'My Library' (within the Sonos app)

Step 6.) Now play the song/album from your Sonos speaker.

Step 7.) As your song is playing. Exit from Sonos app

Step 8.) Open Apple Music app again

Step 9.) Delete the album/track currently playing. Make sure you select 'delete from your library'. It will delete Your download.

Step 10.) The album/song will be gone from your Sonos library!
Badge +1
Hi anyone here managed to resolve this issue? If so how?