Apple Music Library recent additions not showing on Sonos app!

• 5 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

With the most recent Sonos update, my most recent Apple Music library additions do not show on the Sonos app!  Spent 2.5 hours on phone “troubleshooting” with Sonos to be told it’s an Apple problem. Another hour plus with Apple to be told it’s a Sonos problem!  Considering it all works on the Apple Music app, seems Sonos the issue!  Way too much money invested in Sonos speakers to not be able to listen to anything new!  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I just checked on some new Apple Music I just added this afternoon and it worked. Are you running it through Apple app on Sonos S2? Or via Airplay 2? I ran mine both ways and it worked. I am going to add a basic question but did you update your music library or have auto set up? Sometimes that will do it. Are you on phone or computer app. I am using Apple iPhone and Mac so if Windows based I can’t really help. Sometimes trying it with both will kick it in. Just a couple thoughts. Helpful or not, not sure but maybe. 

Badge

Yes, through the Apple app on Sonos 2. I have the library auto updating but also tried to push manually with no luck. I primarily use my iPad for all this but tried my iPhone with same results. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Yes, through the Apple app on Sonos 2. I have the library auto updating but also tried to push manually with no luck. I primarily use my iPad for all this but tried my iPhone with same results. 

Hmmm, you have zapped every salvo fix I have. I assume you are on 13.1.1 and latest Apple softwares? Have you deleted and redownloaded the Sonos app and/or logged out of Apple Music and log back in? That would be about all I have to do for basic troubleshooting. 

Badge

Hmmm, you have zapped every salvo fix I have. I assume you are on 13.1.1 and latest Apple softwares? Have you deleted and redownloaded the Sonos app and/or logged out of Apple Music and log back in? That would be about all I have to do for basic troubleshooting. 

Yup!  Thanks though!

Badge

With the most recent Sonos update, my most recent Apple Music library additions do not show on the Sonos app!  Spent 2.5 hours on phone “troubleshooting” with Sonos to be told it’s an Apple problem. Another hour plus with Apple to be told it’s a Sonos problem!  Considering it all works on the Apple Music app, seems Sonos the issue!  Way too much money invested in Sonos speakers to not be able to listen to anything new!  

Well, as of this morning, for whatever reason, it has fixed itself. 

Hi Jim

i have exactly the same problem and have tried all the things you tried but my recent downloads still don’t appear in my Sonos library

i finally joined Apple Music a few weeks ago (coincidence?) but can’t see how that would cause the problem

Any ideas ?

Thanks John 

Badge

Hi Jim

i have exactly the same problem and have tried all the things you tried but my recent downloads still don’t appear in my Sonos library

i finally joined Apple Music a few weeks ago (coincidence?) but can’t see how that would cause the problem

Any ideas ?

Thanks John 

Hi John,

At this point, mine appears to rectify itself after about 24 hours in most cases.  I was on Apple music from the start, so I doubt that is it.  Could try deleting and re-adding the Apple music to Sonos to see if that fixes it.  Make sure Sonos app is updated too.  If I remember correctly, another thing to attempt was to disconnect (unplug) then reconnect any/all Sonos speakers on the system.