Answered

Apple Music library not showing in Sonos

• 13 January 2021
  • 19 replies

Hi,

for some reason I am now unable to see my Apple Music libraries including playlists in Sonos. Has there been any changes that has stopped this? 
thanks 

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 29 January 2021, 22:17

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @Pmwalker.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! We’d be glad to help.

To better understand, can you verify what device you are using and when was the last time you were able to see/play your Apple Music library within Sonos?

Are you getting any error message(s) when trying to access the library?

To check some data from your system, please send in a diagnostic report through the Sonos app and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

If you have any questions,  feel free to reach out.

Im getting the same issue.

I’ve restarted the whole system, removed Apple Music and added it again, but still getting the error: ‘We’ve run into a Problem. Try again’. Nothing works. 

I’ve submitted diagnostics with code: 2078167588

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ManchesterMaster88.

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, a low wireless signal strength condition between one or more Sonos components and the components associated with Access Point / Router has been detected. This low signal strength could be a result of too much distance or the presence of high interfering material between the Sonos product and the router.

• I see that your iOS controller is connected to 5Ghz, can you try to at least for now, connect to the 2.4Ghz band of the router.
  • You may also check this article that will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products.
  • Test and see if it improves.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a new diagnostic report, and reply with the confirmation number so I can review your system further and see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

Let us know how that goes.

Hi Annazel, 

Thanks for looking into that for me.

I’ve tried all the advice you gave, but still no difference unfortunately and I can still not access the Apple Music Library.

I’ve submitted another diagnostic report and number as follows: 825771028

Thanks

Rob

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ManchesterMaster88.

Thanks for your response and effort in submitting the diagnostic.

May I know when was the last time that you’re able to access Apple Music Library and can you please tell us how you’re doing it?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Hi @Annazel S 
Im not sure when it last worked, probably a month or so ago perhaps? 
I access it by going to: the Muisc button on the bottom, then clicking on Apple Music, then the bottom option which is ‘my music’. When I go on there it just says there has been a problem, try again. It’s does this every time I go to that option.

Thank you 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ManchesterMaster88.

Thanks for your response.

Please try the following steps and see if that helps:

• Ensure that all updates available to your device have been performed.
  • In the Apple Music app, tap the profile icon and ensure to sign in with the same Apple ID and password that you use for your Apple Music membership. 
  • Go to device Settings > Music, and turn on iCloud Music Library.
  • If you already have music on your device, you'll be asked if you want to Merge or Replace the music. Choose Merge to add the songs currently on your device to your library. If you select Replace, the music on your device is replaced with your Apple Music library.

Let us know how that goes.

Hi - 

I’m having the same issue - when I go into My Music in Apple Music from the Sonos app, I receive the same error message. I was able to access everything about three weeks ago. I deleted Apple Music and re-added it, rebooted my router and no luck. 
I submitted diagnostic report 1321912445

Thank you! 

Hi @Annazel S 

I’ve tried these suggestions but still have the same problem.

I’ve spoken to Apple, they confirm there is nothing their side to cause this and it must be something to do with the Sonos app.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Many thanks, 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks, thanks for your patience in this. At this point, it would be best to reach out to Sonos Support so we can take a closer look at this in real-time and expedite the process. I suggest our phone team for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the controller to see what's going on.

When calling, you can help us by also having a Mac or Windows computer available so we have the option to perform any hands-on troubleshooting and testing as needed.

​If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks @Annazel S
Really appreciate all your help - I will call your support line, fingers crossed we get a resolution!

Yes, thank you for the advice. 

What happened to this issue? I see the posts are 5 months old and I noticed the same problem today. Apple Music works flawlessly on all my Apple devices by my playlists don’t show in the Sonos app and gives this error message

Have you reached out to support, as noted in the ‘answer’ post above? Or even submitted a diagnostic and posted the number here?

There is always the possibility that the symptom you’re experiencing, while at first blush is similar, could be caused by another issue. If you submit hard data to Sonos, they may be in a better position to help you. 

I too have this problem. Very few options showing unless searched for by name. For instance, activity playlists only shows Romance, whereas Curator Playlists is entirely empty. I don’t think this option is still supported by Apple. Seems to me the Sonos app is out of date with how Apple have rejigged Apple Music?

This is clearly a problem with the Sonos app. In the My Sonos menu I can find find my Apple Playlists, but in My Music under Apple Music, I get the error message. Fix this asap, Sonos!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I too have this problem. Very few options showing unless searched for by name. For instance, activity playlists only shows Romance, whereas Curator Playlists is entirely empty. I don’t think this option is still supported by Apple. Seems to me the Sonos app is out of date with how Apple have rejigged Apple Music?

The problem with only seeing the Romance playlist is unrelated to this thread and a well documented Apple problem, that they seem uninterested in fixing to date.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Was there a solution found for the missing playlists? I reached out to Sonos support on phone and they told me to call Apple… Apple then told me that it was a Sonos issue.

I hit this problem too and managed to solve it. I’d forgotten I’d recently deauthorized some devices when Apple told me I’d hit my limit. I’d included my phone and tablet when deauthorising (or maybe it was Sonos). Even though I had Apple Music working on my devices quite happily, Sonos seemingly still had an issue with it. I went into settings on the Sonos app then Services & Voice, selected Apple Music and I reauthorised my account this way. Now I can happily browse my library again. Hope this is useful to others