Question

Apple Music // integration of the like/favorite/heart functionality

Userlevel 1
Badge
Oh man. what a relief to see the integration of Apple Music in the beta ! Beautifully done !!
I was getting tired of juggling between the Sonos Controller and the iTunes interface 'airplaying' to an airport express.
This is much neater ! THANKS !

What are the plans regarding an integration of the like/favorite/heart functionality into Sonos?
It would make a lot of sense as it feeds the recommendation in 'For you' which are a beauty.

Would be great to have it included in the final version.

Google Play had it as well as Spotify if I remember well.

Thanks for the feedback

23 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Dimitri wrote:

Oh man. what a relief to see the integration of Apple Music in the beta ! Beautifully done !!
I was getting tired of juggling between the Sonos Controller and the iTunes interface 'airplaying' to an airport express.
This is much neater ! THANKS !

What are the plans regarding an integration of the like/favorite/heart functionality into Sonos?
It would make a lot of sense as it feeds the recommendation in 'For you' which are a beauty.

Would be great to have it included in the final version.

Google Play had it as well as Spotify if I remember well.

Thanks for the feedback

Hi Dimitri,

It's good to hear you are enjoying the Apple Music beta on Sonos. We will forward as a feature request your suggestion of adding like and heart support to the Apple Music integration on Sonos.

Please feel free to forward beta feedback here as well.
Badge
I also miss the "like" button in Sonos app. Whenever I hear a song I love I have to look it up in iTunes so that I can "like" it. It should be in the Sonos app, otherwise the best part of Apple Music, the For you recommendations just won't work properly.
Userlevel 1
Badge
daniel010 wrote:

I also miss the "like" button in Sonos app. Whenever I hear a song I love I have to look it up in iTunes so that I can "like" it. It should be in the Sonos app, otherwise the best part of Apple Music, the For you recommendations just won't work properly.

Agreed. This is an essential feature that is needed.
Agreed with all previous comments. Hearts badly needed.

If possible it would be great to get + (adding to my library), dynamic playlists, and star ratings as well.
[quote=Jeff S]
Dimitri wrote:

Hi Dimitri,

It's good to hear you are enjoying the Apple Music beta on Sonos. We will forward as a feature request your suggestion of adding like and heart support to the Apple Music integration on Sonos.

Hi Jeff,

what is the status of this feature request?
When can we see this?

Thanks
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
[quote=Bodo Menke]
Jeff S wrote:

Dimitri wrote:

Hi Dimitri,

Hi Jeff,

what is the status of this feature request?
When can we see this?

Thanks

Hi Bodo,

We don't comment on possible future products or features. We always appreciate feedback and suggestions, and we do take note of them, but we can't share timelines or confirm particular features.

We'll be sure to make an announcement if we have any new details to share.
Badge
Please can I add my intrest in this please
Badge
I agree. This function really needs to be added. Constantly switching between Sonos controller and iTunes is just wrong (especially when dealing with Beats 1 and the delay between the live stream and SONOS).
Userlevel 1
Badge
+ 1 to above.
Badge
+1 on this
+1 from me also.
It really is kinda poor development that we don't get full use of apple music when using Sonos. Pretty soon the bluetooth speakers available to us will beat out the Sonos system; largely because of the user experience that comes with use of the native app of whatever music service a person chooses.
Badge
Couldn't agree more. The Sonos / Apple Music user experience is very poor and lacks basic features. Seems more like a "check the box" integration than one with users in mind. You'd think that with Sonos being the only streaming system Apple Music works on they would put more effort in or at least communicate better with customers when we ask for basic things not just... We don't talk about future updates. It's not like Sonos and Apple Music are a secret; it would be nice to see some kind of roadmap of features. I have not recommend Sonos to anyone I know already using Apple Music and have not recommended Apple Music to anyone I know using Sonos.
antm22 wrote:

I have not recommend Sonos to anyone I know already using Apple Music and have not recommended Apple Music to anyone I know using Sonos.

While I agree with much of what you say, isn't the above cutting the nose to spite the face? At least where the former is concerned; there are options to Apple Music, but not as many to Sonos for all its other advantages over any other system out there today.
Badge
To be honest, I use the Sonos app and speakers less and less due to the weak (not poor) integration between Sonos and AppleMusic. It works great for listening, but using Sonos to replace AppleMusic is not realistic. You can't "like/love" a song or album, you can't add a song or album from Sonos back into AppleMusic, ... Its just too limiting and one-way. Oh, and someone please explain the lack of dynamic playlists replicated from AppleMusic into Sonos.
I've just signed up to the free trial of Apple Music with Family sharing. I've been using Deezer for a while and get on well with it, but it seems not to offer the family option so multiple accounts are needed. Apple Music integration to Sonos seems to have a little way to go to match the Deezer functionality, Like & Disslike buttons are a major omission as I can't tailor preferences from within Sonos, plus the apparent lack of the 2 way link (can't manage AM library updates, playlists from Sonos. Hopefully these points will be resolved by Sonos soon.
Hopefully, the promised use of the Apple Music native app by having it cast to Sonos will address these issues. But it is taking longer than what I had expected.
Yes please... either add the like/love buttons or let us play to Sonos directly from Apple Music.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I agree with all that has been said but I would especially appreciate being able to see "Recently Added" on the Sonos App.
birdman325 wrote:

I agree with all that has been said but I would especially appreciate being able to see "Recently Added" on the Sonos App.

I see "Recently Added" under "My Music" in the Apple Music part of the Sonos app.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hmmm. I will have to check that when I get home. I wonder if that was added in one of the updates and I missed it. Thx.
Badge
+1 on this feature
Badge
daniel010 wrote:

Yep, I'm doing this as well. I tend to avoid sonos for new music because of this :(
Switch to another service - I find that Google play on Android works well; the native app can cast to Sonos and the Sonos controller for Google Play Music also contains the thumbs up/down buttons.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)