Apple Music & Explicit now working

• 20 August 2017
  • 8 replies

Noticed today that the explicit "E" tag now shows for tracks, previously it was only at Album level. Tracks within playlists are also tagged but the playlist themselves are not.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
The Sonos 8 update now includes automated filtering of explicit songs through Apple music!
Userlevel 1
With the Parental Controls on, it seems like I’m unable to play stations that contain explicit content. For instance, Apple Music’s Hip-Hop radio station does not play and displays a “Parental Control On” prompt. However, on the Apple Music iOS app (with the “play Explict Content” turned off), the same station is able to play non-explict songs. Anyone else with the same issue?
Userlevel 1
Badge
The Sonos 8 update now includes automated filtering of explicit songs through Apple music! Does this mean I have to flip an option somewhere in the Sonos app to filter out explicit content?
The Sonos 8 update now includes automated filtering of explicit songs through Apple music! Does this mean I have to flip an option somewhere in the Sonos app to filter out explicit content?
Please see this link below ...

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3509
Does this now mean that we are able to filter out explicit songs from playing?
Not automatically... I add to the queue and and then remove the explicit tracks as they are clearly marked with the "E". The only way for that to happen without intervention is that Sonos allows the Apple Music app (under iOS at least) to playback directly, in preferences in iOS you can flter the explicit tracks from Apple Music.
Thanks for the reply. Ok sounds reasonable. I got Apple Music working and hoped that Sonos would also. But I like your idea to remove them from the queue. Thanks!
Good news! Thanks for the heads up.