Answered

Apple Music curated playlists not showing up in search results

• 27 January 2020
  • 51 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

This is getting a bit frustrating. In the past, when using the Sonos app in the search->playlists section I could enter an artists name ie Powderfinger and would get results such as Powerderfinfer Essentials, Powerderfinger: Next Steps etc returned.

For a few days this has not been working. Now when I run a search it seems to me that any of the Apple curated playlists are not returned in the search results, however, other playlists which are presumably created by other Apple Music users do show in the results.

Does anyone know if this is a Sonos or an Apple issue? I have tried deleting and readding my account to the Sonos app. Anyone else having these issues, or know of a solution.

Cheers,

Duddsy

icon

Best answer by Jeff S 10 March 2020, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

51 replies

Badge

Having this exact issue, so very frustrating as would always select an apple activity curator playlist based on mood… issue hasn’t been resolved. 

Hi everyone, this issue should now be resolved. Please test it out and if any issues remain, submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the number.

same issue with me 1868409223

Sonos only displays what is sent to them by Apple, they don’t modify that data in any way. 

I don’t know if this is related, but I’m finding the Apple Music search on Sonos returns many fewer results than the Apple Music app in all categories - I’m having to resort to Air Play which is very limiting.

September 2020.

Same issue for me. Search renders no Apple Music results at all. Initially, search results are partial, i.e. not the full list of playlists that the Apple app render. Eventually (weeks later), results turn to zero. The saved Sonos playlists play Apple Music tunes, so the issue is not associated with authorisation. Spotify integration does not display similar issues.

Fix for me: Remove the Apple Music service, and add it again. Repeat next time search results are disappointing.

Infuriating UX. Things were supposed to be easy, and I regret getting into the SONOS honey trap, even though I suspect Apple may be inducing this issue.

Works for me, thanks sonos

I just tried one of my favorite playlists that has been missing and it is there!  Seems to be working at the moment.  Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi everyone,

This issue should be resolved once more. Please test it out and submit a diagnostic report if any issues remain.

Fixed for me! Thanks!

As mentioned earlier yesterday in this thread, by controlav…

“Apple are working on it”. 

Sonos Staff have also said that they will update this thread, when the matter has been fixed. 

Userlevel 1

I’m having this same issue. The Apple Music “Essentials” playlists used to show up in search and now they’re gone. This renders my Sonos system highly unusable with Apple Music. Please fix ASAP. 

Hi folks,

We’ve received reports that this issue is happening again, though it was previously fixed.

Err.. no.  I think you mean “we thought we fixed it but what we did didn’t work”.  Like everyone else on the thread, it’s now been some time since I’ve been able to search Apple curated playlists.

Same issue 

Same issue for me…..

diag is 2008594287

Thanks

As a work around I have just used the voice automation to select my playlist.  Of course you have to know the name of the playlist you want.  So if you have a speaker with Alexa built in you can just say, “Alexa, play ‘today’s hits’ playlist from Apple Music.”  If you want it played on a speaker that doesn’t have Alexa built in you just specify the name of the speaker, “Alex, play ‘today’s hits’ playlist from Apple Music on Living Room.”  Or you can go into the app and choose to group speakers from the one already playing your playlist.  I use a pair of Sonos Ones in my office all day so this works well for me as I usually rotate between 8 playlists and I know the names

All,

I don’t know if this is useful to you, but it was to me so I thought I’d share. Worst case it’s just useless information ;) 

I asked the same question on Twitter and got the following workaround, which I can confirm works perfectly.

Add the Apple Curated Playlist to "My Music" within Apple Music natively, then you'll be able to access the playlist within Sonos by navigating to Apple Music > My Music > Playlists > Apple Music Playlists.

It’s obvious, and I feel silly for not thinking to do it, but it works.

Hope it’s helpful while this issue is being fixed :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you look at the other thread: Apple are working on it. Evidently none of you work in the software development field. “When will it be fixed?” - when the developer(s) concerned figure it out, fix it, run it through the tests, then push it to the live service. Software fixes can’t be scheduled like a hair cut.

Can we please have an update? This is taking a long time and the communication is very poor.

Any update on when this will be fixed? Thanks. 

Hi. Same for me. 

Hi,

I am having the same problems as well. No longer able to search for playlists created by Apple. Although, some of them play from my recently played in the “my Sonos” section. 

diagnostic number : 1923404648

Thank you 

Same issue. Diag. 1488845081

Badge

same issue 1882282476

Hi,

I am also having this issue

Diagnostics 35903766

Apple curated playlists are still not showing up for me.

Diagnostic: 1807795552