Question

Apple Music content is missing from Albums.

Userlevel 3
Badge

A couple of days ago I went to play an album from my Apple Music library though my Sonos Connect, and could not find it. Looking more closely, I noticed that the “Albums” menu item only contains a tiny fraction of my music library - almost everything is missing. “Recently Added” and “Playlists” both look OK, but “Albums” is bad. I see the same on several controllers: Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad are all the same.

Moreover, in the Windows application, when I visit “Albums”, I can browse it for a short time, and then the application terminates (the window just closes with no error message).

My library looks perfectly fine in iTunes and the native Apple Music app.

I left it a few days in case it was a transient effect but it persists.

I have tried removing the Apple Music service from my system and reconnecting it afresh, but this does not help.

I probably need a Sonos support case for this but the web site suggests that I try the forum first. I generated diagnostics 641008197 in case it helps anybody.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

74 replies

A couple of days ago I went to play an album from my Apple Music library though my Sonos Connect, and could not find it. Looking more closely, I noticed that the “Albums” menu item only contains a tiny fraction of my music library - almost everything is missing. “Recently Added” and “Playlists” both look OK, but “Albums” is bad. I see the same on several controllers: Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad are all the same.

Moreover, in the Windows application, when I visit “Albums”, I can browse it for a short time, and then the application terminates (the window just closes with no error message).

My library looks perfectly fine in iTunes and the native Apple Music app.

I left it a few days in case it was a transient effect but it persists.

I have tried removing the Apple Music service from my system and reconnecting it afresh, but this does not help.

I probably need a Sonos support case for this but the web site suggests that I try the forum first. I generated diagnostics 641008197 in case it helps anybody.

I have the same issue.  Only few Apple Music albums load  on IOS devices and when i try to access my albums from the sonos app on windows it crashed.  I have removed and reauthorized apple music 100 times but it doesn’t help.   Please help!!! this is unacceptable. 

Same issue as others.  What is this, one month, and no fix?  I’m new to Sonos and I have to say that I’m thoroughly unimpressed with the service.

I just clicked update on the Windows app thinking perhaps this would fix the Apple Music Album view, but no, it’s still broken.

I have roughly 15-20% of my albums, the sort order is broken, and I can crash the windows app every single time by scrolling near the bottom of the Album view. The iOS app has the same truncated list, but at least won’t crash every time I scroll to the end.

The reason I use Apple Music over Spotify is because old man that I am I like to listen to music as whole albums, not all music by an artist or playlists etc. This issue makes my very expensive Sonos system considerably less easy to use, and I’m frustrated that Sonos won’t even acknowledge the issue.

Ironically, I just got a survey asking if I’d recommend Sonos - the answer is right now, no I wouldn’t.

I have the same issue. A small subset of my albums show in Album view and the navigation by letter on the right hand side doesn’t work.

Any ETA on a bug fix. This must be impacting a lot of the user base and the response in this bug is not fast.

Badge

Sonos!  It’s been months and this problem persists.  I can see (in the Album view) just 15 of 1200 albums (1%!).  They’re present in the Artist view, can be searched, etc.  I was planning to buy a pair of Play Five’s but I’m forced to reconsider….

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sonos!  It’s been months and this problem persists.  I can see (in the Album view) just 15 of 1200 albums (1%!).  They’re present in the Artist view, can be searched, etc.  I was planning to buy a pair of Play Five’s but I’m forced to reconsider….

This is Apple’s problem to fix. Go ask them on their support forum. Good luck.

Badge

This is Apple’s problem to fix. Go ask them on their support forum. Good luck.

If that’s so, Sonos should be pushing to get it done.  That’s much more likely to be effective than a single customer complaint.  On the other hand if Sonos doesn’t care, then I don’t care to buy more from them.

At the minimum we all deserve an update from Sonos.  If the issue was caused by apple, i would not be able to see all the albums in windows.  Although the sonos app for windows crashes when scrolling through the albums, I was able to see all of them before it crashed.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

At the minimum we all deserve an update from Sonos.  If the issue was caused by apple, i would not be able to see all the albums in windows.  Although the sonos app for windows crashes when scrolling through the albums, I was able to see all of them before it crashed.  

Really? Install my app for Windows (its free to try for a month, see my profile), and see what is shown there. That will prove whether its the Sonos app, or Apple’s service.

Did anyone receive any updates from Sonos? It looks like this issue still persists. 

No response to date to this issue.

Why is there still no reply from Sonos?   Are they inefficient or just struggling to change their app or maybe they can’t be bothered? Whatever the reason for their silence, good customer relations demands they tell what is going on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Why is there still no reply from Sonos?   Are they inefficient or just struggling to change their app or maybe they can’t be bothered? Whatever the reason for their silence, good customer relations demands they tell what is going on.

Because this is Apple’s problem to fix. Sonos support ~70 different music services, each one is up to that provider to deal with.

If that is the case, it doesn’t explain the silence from Sonos.  I have had multiple items of kit from Sonos accumulated over many years.  The ‘album’ section from Apple was, inter alia, what sold Sonos to me in the first place.

Sonos participated in this trail at the beginning saying it was going to be fixed.  Your explanation doesn’t accord with Sonos’s this contribution.  The continued silence is very damaging for Sonos.

Any fix yet? This has really put me off Sonos. I’m thinking of returning the speaker I just bought, Viewing Apple Music albums properly i would say is essential and it’s clearly completely broken.

Just tried it with IOS 14.0.1 with the Apple Music update. and it’s still the same.

Anyone know how we get Sonos to respond? This is not a minor bug.

A new problem has arisen today. My entire Apple Music library is no longer able to be played on the Sonos System. Before, I could locate music and play it, but now Sonos will not play anything from Apple Music and I get the message, “unable to add songs to the queue” when I select a playlist or album. This appears to be going from bad to worse.

Latest Sonos app update 12.1 seems to have fixed it! 

Userlevel 2

I’m still running 12.0.6 but the error has nevertheless somehow been fixed. Good news about that, and who knows whether the problem was Apple or Sonos, but low marks to Sonos for communicating anything of substance about the cause and the possible turn around time for a fix (or even announcing the fix through this forum). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’m still running 12.0.6 but the error has nevertheless somehow been fixed. Good news about that, and who knows whether the problem was Apple or Sonos, but low marks to Sonos for communicating anything of substance about the cause and the possible turn around time for a fix (or even announcing the fix through this forum). 

I am assuming Apple fixed their SMAPI service, Sonos may not have even been aware of the problem, never mind the fix.

The albums are back...just a small quibble that the alphabet dividers are not where they should be. For example, the # sign shows at the top of the list but all of the albums containing a number or symbol as the lead character are at the bottom. Also, the dividers are not where they should be throughout the list...but yes, the albums are back. Thanks to whoever fixed this!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Just found this as I was looking for a resolve for this issue I’ve had for over a year. Like the rest - IT USED TO WORK.

The issue is that Sonos can’t be bothered guys. Look what the staff member says:

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Goodness - we don’t have a further issue Sonos, The issue is what the post is about - why ask for more before fixing what we are asking about?

It frustrates me - Sonos really have no clue about this. None.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It frustrates me - Sonos really have no clue about this. None.

Sonos Support don’t always seem to recognize which issues are Sonos’, and which are Apple’s.

This thread is all about Apple’s problems to fix (though some have been fixed, the scroll index one remains).

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

To me the solution is simple. If Apple broke the Sonos app, then Sonos should remedy that for their customers. Sonos programmers are every bit as smart as the guys at Apple. They can fix the issues, I’m certain. All Sonos need to is call Apple and ask if that’s ok, I can’t see why Apple would mind. Would this be a resolve?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

To me the solution is simple. If Apple broke the Sonos app, then Sonos should remedy that for their customers. Sonos programmers are every bit as smart as the guys at Apple. They can fix the issues, I’m certain. All Sonos need to is call Apple and ask if that’s ok, I can’t see why Apple would mind. Would this be a resolve?

On one of the other Apple threads, Sonos support does say they have communicated the issue to Apple, which is about all they can do. Its not like e.g. YouTube Music, who never fix a damn thing: Apple do usually, slowly, fix their stuff for Sonos.